Med kits

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by KukKung, Dec 3, 2012.

1. KukKung

sorry for all the post and questions, what about the 2 options for med kids one that heals instantly and the other that heals over time

1/ instantly, how much health are we talking about?
    2/ over time, same.. how much health over time?
  2. m44v

I don't have the instant one, the regenerative one seems to heal you from almost dead to almost full bar.
  3. Benton!

The instant one heals you fully, instantly, with the first cert.
  4. Vepo

I want for the restoration kit as soon as I had the certs to buy it. Most you'll ever need is 2, anything higher and you are wasting certs.
  5. Daimond

I like #2 my self.
    But thing I found odd and should be changed though is, being able to use these when cloaked. I mean really? I have to be uncloaked to jab my self with a Med kit? this is ********. I was injered and running away from 3 guys and about 5 tanks chasing me down the other night, weaving through trees and such having to stop behind a tree to recover cloak for a sec. but would of been great if I could of Healed while cloaked and running for the next group of trees.
  6. Caspartine

Not only this, if you use resto kit instead of medkit, like I do, not only can you use it only when uncloaked, you have to wait till the HOT effect ends and then cloak again. Cloak breaks the effect. Silly, right?
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

Why would one take a Resto kit over a Medkit then?

If the Medkit heals you instantly, right away, why would anyone even bother with the Resto?
  8. Xocolatl

I don't have 'em med kits yet, but damn...good thing I saw this thread before Certifying for the HoT one.
  9. Caspartine

There was a topic back in the beta about diffferent effects of these two (as of amount of health restored), where ppl talked about medkit restoring less than resto/not fully. Think I went with this in my mind. Also didn't know the cancel effect of the cloak (didn't play as inf in beta). Anyway, you've got the info now, so be happy someone was dumb enough to confirm this by spending his certs:D
    • Up x 1
  10. Tenebrae Aeterna

I'm just wondering if it's going to change...because, as of now, it seems pretty silly.
  11. Caspartine

Well the whole concept of the resto kit in general is killed by the fact that medkit heals you to full HP. Once your shield is down (with any class), the resto hot effect won't be of any help to you if you're still under fire, cause you'll simply die. It's not like it can overheal the 2-3 bullets needed to kill you. If I'm not misunderstood, it's also more expensive (cert wise) than the med kit, right?
  12. Daimond

Crap I did not see that :( its the only one I used, didnt take the normal kits :(
    If this is the case, that really needs to change.

well reason I used the resto kits was you could hit it early take a hit or 2 and it would continue to heal you. where as if you did this when you were say 1/2 dmged you would lose the extra amount of heal.
  13. m44v

I believe the medkit heals less, but I cannot confirm. Another reason is that resto cost 20 certs less.
  14. Caspartine

Actually no, medkit costs 50 certs, while resto cost 100. (can't check to be 100% sure now, the servers are down)
  15. Benton!

No the medkit costs 30.
  16. Karonal

Just checked.... Medkit is 50, Resto is 30.
  17. Caspartine

My bad then:)