[Suggestion] Mechanized agile exo suit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Itorien, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Itorien

I thought it would be cool if there was a suit that greatly increased your speed and jumping ability but you could only use melee weapons with it (new and larger with longer reach). Additionally, you could use stealth but there would also be a quick forward dash ability (similar to the max charge except faster but shorter distance) so you'd have to choose between them.

What do you think?
  2. Demigan

Doesn't work.

Hitboxes on infantry are gittery. The hitboxes are small and the reason (as far as I understand it) that we never had adrenalin pump speeds higher than 10% sprint speed was because the player model and hitbox start to misalign (you can see this on jumppads, the player behind you starts warping about and is tougher to hit).

Also, adding what is probably a ripoff of some other game of a mecha with swords (half a billion Japanese games) is not something I would like to see added. A stealth-frame with extra speed and melee weapons? It just doesn't fit in either the gameplay and style of PS2.
    • Up x 1
  3. FateJH

I think that's called an Infiltrator equipped with a Stalker Cloak and Adrenaline Pump. Maybe Sensor Shield to ice the cake.
    • Up x 1
  4. Eternaloptimist

Will sensor shield drop randomly or do you have to craft an implant and hope it comes that way? I'm interested in equipping it but none of my six avatrs or all of their many implants include a sensor shield
  5. Iridar51

Sensor Shield only comes at ranks 3 or 4, and you can only get dropped ranks 1 and 2, so yeah, you have to randomly craft it.
  6. Eternaloptimist

7. Azawarau

Ive wondered about a newer max unit from a while

But more like what a max would be if it were a mecha light assault rather than a mecha heavy
    • Up x 1
  8. Greiztoph

I'd personally love to see three classes of mecha's a light one, a medium support one, and the already heavy one.
  9. Demigan

I've had similar idea's. Either as an expensive upgrade of the basic infantry suits or as a separate class, but all of them still 450 resources.
    If it's an upgrade of the basic classes, it would give them extra health (but not extra resistances) and more energy to power their abilities (longer stealth, bigger and longer AOE heal and/or possibly more health healed, longer shield, stronger repair/heal gun etc), it could boast a higher jump distance and less COF increase from actions such as jumping, falling and sprinting, but walk and crouch would still remain the same.
    If it's a separate class it would be a suit build for attacking while the MAX is better at defending. Lower resistances and health than the MAX but still formidable, normal infantry sprint/walk speeds but higher jump distance as well as safe fall distance. Possibly has the option to fire while sprinting with a large COF. Has the ability to equip two primaries from just about all weapons (but not rocketlaunchers maybe?). Has MAX abilities, so it can use charge, ES ability and ammo canisters.
  10. TheFlamingLemon

#mergeWarframeandPlanetside2k16
    • Up x 1