Me and Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by spartan4life, Nov 18, 2015.

1. spartan4life

I haven't played this game for more than 2 minutes for almost 2 years. I used to love Planetside 2, I logged in many hours, and plenty of cash. Why did my enthusiasm die for this great game?

Lack of server transfers(or even server tokens to buy!) and my crappy computer.

When I was a young dumb noob like I am with any new game, I tend to make mistakes. These mistakes are not permanent however, and time helps. However, I made the mistake of making and investing in an account in Woodman*(Now combined with another server). Woodman(and its new server merge) is in Europe. I am in the East Coast of the US. This was during the summer, so I didn't realize that when I got back to school, I'd only have 2-3 hour play time before the server went dark from lack of players.

My 2nd problem which is concurrent with the first, is my computer. My computer is crap. I fully acknowledged that. But when I put 800x600 resolution, low-very low-turned off for everything, I would hope for at the least stable FPS.
    What I got was 60 FPS that in a small scale battle of only 20 would rocket to and from 20 FPS to 50 FPS. Added to this, I believe that the twin smacks to the face of being on a server so far away from my time zone and suffering lag as a result was painful.

I truly loved this game, but I'm saying goodbye to it, until I can get another computer and until I can move my account to a server thats populated and NOT have to restart ALL over again.

For reference, these are my specs.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    Manufacturer Intel
    Speed 3.6 GHz
    Number of Cores 4
    Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 620
    Manufacturer NVIDIA
    Chipset GeForce GT 620
    Dedicated Memory 1.9 GB
    Total Memory 3.9 GB
    Memory 8.1 GB
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit