MBT health buff. @MHigby

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ranik, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Ranik

• Up x 21
  2. Killy80

While I approve a change, why 20%? Why not start slow, why do they always have to pull out the big numbers and then see everyhing get worse? :mad:

Increase MBT HP by 5% and see what happens. If it doesn't help, make it 10% a week later. And so on.
    • Up x 9
  3. Tommyp2006

with as weak as tanks currently are, 20% is not a big number.
    • Up x 34
  4. Ranik

In regards to MBT health. 20% is like 1 extra rocket round, so not exactly drastic.

It's the increased defense vs rocketpods that is unclear at the moment.
    • Up x 2
  5. jdono67894

They changed their tactics for selling weapons, the new MAX anti vehicle weapons are coming out.
    Instead of nerfing the old anti-vehicle weapons and then bringing out new weapons that are now better, they just buff the vehicles and then bring out the new better anti vehicle weapons!

SOE you sure are sneaky but I am on to you.
    • Up x 23
  6. EliteEskimo

[IMG]:eek::eek::eek:

I would hope my efforts in maintaining my ultimate combined arms gameplay thread helped in this occurrence. The developers were recently forwarded my thread according to RadarX.:cool: Any step in the right direction ,which is a step away from paper instagib tanks, is a right step in my book. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!
    • Up x 10
  7. Blarg20011

Awesome man, glad you got so much visibility.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ranik

Now that I think about it I can see why they are buffing Armor health at the exact same time they buffed old MAX AV and are introducing new MAX AV.

All the old launchers are the same.

ESRL's are powerful.

MAX AV across the board is getting better and more varied.

I don't think they really had a choice but to buff MBT's, it's a stop-gap measure till the MBT re-vamp. If they would have left them alone after all the recent AV changes and the upcoming AV additions .......
    • Up x 1
  9. f0d

while i agree with you in a way (big buffs are bad) i just dont think 20% is that much - maybe if it was 50/100% more
    5% isnt even an extra rocket or tank shell extra - it will basically make zero difference to have 5% extra health
    • Up x 2
  10. Goldoche429

We still need dedicated crews, but I'll take what I can get. Huzzah!
    • Up x 1
  11. MangoPunch

As someone who primarily plays HA, I say good. MBTs really have been too easy to kill lately. Though honestly, with all the new AV weapons I wouldn't be upset if they went as far as 40%.
    • Up x 4
  12. Ranik

Like I was saying above. I think it's just a temporary measure until the MBT revamp. Basically a "this will help them hold out until we can get to looking at MBT's in depth"
  13. MangoPunch

There's an MBT revamp in the works? That sounds promising.
  14. Ranik

• Up x 1
  15. KnightCole

Do tanks need more health or do they need thier damn BIG *** guns to have a blast radius of more then 5 feet? We can have 10 billion HP, the guns just plain dont hit anything effectively anymore.....everything is AP now...no HE at all.
    • Up x 4
  16. Beartornado

I'd still like to see the 3-man MBT change made, maybe you could double that 20% buff if they did that.
    • Up x 2
  17. MilitiaMan

They increased the VG health by 10% to all areas like 4 months ago, it dies .3seconds slower then the other 2 MBTs...
    • Up x 2
  18. MilitiaMan

The only HE I find that works is on the Mag sadly, strafing saves me more often then naught.

VG AP is terrible, even with Reload 3 and Prowler is better off with HEAT.
    • Up x 1
  19. WalrusJones

Enough to save tanks from a decimator, not strong enough to save them from C4, mind you.
    • Up x 1
  20. kungflu

On the road to make ESF useless now.
    Lets see here..
    ESF Missiles had it's reasonable nerf, it does lesser damage to infantries.
    Then an infantry mounted on an AV turrets could 1-hit kill an ESF, that or the Phoenix.

Air Inferiority.

I still seek a poll for an open community discussion/opinion on this before this patch gets done. Stop screwing things up please..
    • Up x 1