[Suggestion] Maybe this can help with the AA debate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Col_Jessep

I'm flying a Reaver, most of the time with full anti air gear. I'm basically doing what the developers want (if I read that correctly): I'm fighting fire with fire.

Flying my Reaver is fun although I feel that it handles a bit like a drunken pig and has the turnrate of a stampeding buffalo... ;) The real problem though (and I make this responsible for the lack of anti air ESF to support ground troops) is that it gives you less XP per time than pretty much everything else.

Think about it:
    • it is a bad idea to fight with a damaged fighter -> you have to land and repair frequently
    • rearming missiles takes time and I don't like to fly around 'half empty'
    • enemy pilots will frequently deny you your XP by ramming into the ground
    • getting a kill on a fleeing enemy ESF often means to follow into enemy territory - risky
    • downing a Liberator will require you to fly close to it and makes you a prime target for enemy ESFs
    • you often patrol the area for some time before you even see a potential target
    If I take damage or run out of ammo as infantry I can reequip/heal rather quickly most of the time; as a AA pilot I spend more time searching, repairing and rearming than in the fight.
    In conclusion: While I really enjoy flying I know that I could make a lot more XP by capping facilities or throwing ammo packs into the warpgate room. (I wish I was kidding... )

Dear developers, if you want us to man our fighters and shoot down the enemy airforce give us more XP - pretty please!
    And we need to get full XP for enemies who rather deconstruct or ram themselves into the ground. If we are damaging them so badly that they know they cannot escape we should get full XP imo.
  2. maxkeiser