Maybe not a bug from the game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by selim63389, Mar 13, 2021.

1. selim63389

So my problem is simple.
    Every time I start planetside 2
    my fan profile from msi afterburner for my hd6990 goes fixed 26% and then msi afterburner goes just off.
    Every time i have to start msi afterburner again.
    if i forget to do it ill tab out and see that both of my gpus run when underclocked at 96C and in normal mode at around 108C to 112C (uc~700mhz on the gpus with a ram clock of 1200.)
    happened like 4 times to me now ...
    i dont know why my gpu doesn't shut itself off when it overheats.
    but a 6990 at 108 degrees is not funny.
    dont wanna know at what temps the vrms ran at that point.
    (the softwares im using are msi afterburner,speedfan and the rivatuner statistics Programm.
    speedfan and the statistics programm seem not affected.
    im using win10 10586.1511 and i cant upgrade .
    dxdiag shows no problems.
    reinstalled .netframework and the problem goes on.

sorry for bad english
  2. VANULATION

check if enough air flow comming in ur pc specialy to ur gpu make sure ur bios settings fan curve is main it might overide software.
    2ndly clean ur gpu from dust it usely lowers +-5/10 degrees and maby buy a newer one that one is ancient
  3. selim63389

Cant control the airflow (custom build msi nightblade 1. generation)
    My bios is too old to tune the fanspeed correctly (that's why i use speedfan)
    thought that the problem had something to do with speedfan , but no
    Deactivated the control of the gpu fan speen in speedfan and problem is still there.
    Maybe it has something to do with anticheat? just saw last week that it closes blitz too.
    (its a helping programm for another game, you can google it , i dont wanna write it here because forum rules)
    (forgot tp say blitz , steam , taskmgr, knossos.)
    yeah i now its ancient but i had some options for a new pc ... and i decided for old but strong .
    (having this pc now for 2 months ...)