Maxes: abilities to be expecting?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FeelTehRUSH, Feb 13, 2013.

1. TomaHawk

I'd like a MAX with gardening tool extensions. Time to farm!
    • Up x 1
  2. Saool

A few VS Max ideas.

- Short duration cloak
    - X-ray pulse (lets you see through walls for a short duration)
    - Charging weapons (like the proposed new VS pistol)
    - Reverse charge (helps you disengage whilst maintaining fire)
    - Phase field (max appears to distort and phase out for a period, x percentage of shots pass harmlessly through)
    - Temporary Spawn point (when activated other can drop pod into the max location)
  3. Captain Sandwich

How about a quasar that can hit the bright side of a barn for the VS?
  4. Purg

I quite like these three.
  5. LoveJuices

If they won't give us jump jets what about a super jump? Max takes a knee and 2 seconds later jumps about 30m into the air, fall damage is negated. Just ever so slightly different from charge and not functional in battle but would grant the MAX access to sneaky perches and unexpected angles from which to attack. Anywhere a MAX could hurdle would be far out of reach of Engineer's repair beam or halls so it would be useful but only sustainable for for duration's.
  6. FeelTehRUSH

my thought would be an NS ability (open to all) that when activated creates a shield that sucks in all bullets within a certain radius while pushing all rockets way and up effectively making the max a tanky no 2 hit kill bullcrap but it takes a lot more bullets (pushing tool teammates can use this as cover) interested to see how that would work in application
  7. NightFall

that's what happens when 95% of the team is TR and NC.

Especially that pigby guy...he has so much illogical VS hate
  8. DankFist

There is a huge difference. It's called TTK. In PS1 the TTK was leaps and bounds longer than PS2.
  9. Nepau

I do wish we got the Jump jets back, but in lue of them I was thinking of giving them the ability to lose the movement penaltys that a Max has in comparision to normal Infantry. I do wonder how our max would perform if for a short time they could run, aim, and dodge as quickly as a HA or Engineer, at the least It would give them a better chance to dodge incoming rockets.