MAX deployment to encourage a Buff

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Dreadnaught Wrex, May 1, 2013.

1. Dreadnaught Wrex

Simple idea... Limited where you can pull MAX much like MBTs. Increase the resources cost to 200-400 and you can only pull them from bio labs, tech plants, amp stations and warpgates. They could still change thier weapons at any infantry terminals. But this would decrease spam if they were to buff the MAX. Since to deploy fast enough they would need a sundy, galaxy, or buggy. Even with travel mode.

Opinions?
  2. Tungsten

Im going to say SOE doesnt care about spam as long as it doesnt make a noticable impact on players per day. Hence why the revamp weapons are gimmicky instead of quality of life.

As for these suggestions they arent much of a sacrifice if they affect other people and not you. I know you have certs lying around, i know you are organized and have team support and i know you dont spend infantry resources on other classes.
  3. Dreadnaught Wrex

I so do! I occasionally buy grenades and medkits for my HA!

sometimes....:confused:
  4. Deathcapt

The problem with the "logistics cost" mentality, is the exact same thing as the dreaded BFR. The stronger but hard to get stuff quickly turns the game into a "whoever has the most of the strongest / hardest to get stuff wins". PS1 turned into everyone pull a BFR, and steam roll everything. If for example we double tank HP but made them only available at the warp gate with a 30 minute spawn timer. The game would simply turn into everywhere stacking as many tanks as they could.

Same with the MAX. Make it harder to get but stronger just means that a biolab fight turns into whoever brought the most MAX units.
  5. Dreadnaught Wrex

Valid point. /thread
  6. vae victus 333

I like the ops idea and i would prefer to see heavy tanks and the BFR in the game again. Personally i think the timers on all of the vehicles should be at least doubled and there defense should be increased. As it is the tanks are only marginally effective, yes they can hide way off and shell you but they can also be decimated by only a few fighters or a single dalton. Vehicles are suppose to be force multipliers but they are verily easy to destroy at range and there pathetic at close range. The whole massed armor is rarely much of a threat due to the effectiveness of air and how easy it is to blanket an area with rockets, vehicles (maxes included) should have a large impact of the fights. If you waste your cooldowns and cant make up for it as infantry you deserve to get owned.