[Suggestion] Max AA needs to be removed from PS2 game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by user101, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desann

Oh great, here we go with the age-old air vs AA debate....

This topic is so balance now its ridiculous. I have seen AA maxes own air, and I have seen ESFs PWN AA maxes 1v1. Get some flak armor and fire suppression, and you will giggle like a little school girl when the flak tickles your belly and you ROFL-pop 20 infantry in one pass. fly over the next mountain, repair up, take off, do it again....

LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ <---the sounds you will make when flak no longer presents a threat to you.
    • Up x 2
  2. Desann

So, the large enemy force pulls the appropriate defensive countermeasures to an assault and wins?

I don't see and issue here...
    • Up x 2
  3. TheDarSin

I main a lib and second ESFs. Max AA tickles. If you really think those hurt then you need to learn how to fly. The biggest thing that should be killing you is other ESFs and AA lock ons in the game's current state. AA maxes are slow as hell and burn through ammo like crazy. I'd say buff them a bit and I'd be fine with it since they cost so damn much. If you're too dumb to fly in a straight line or right over a spawn point including a sundy then that's your fault.
  4. MonnyMoony

Yep this. I have been farmed by air so many times it's just not funny. I have been trekking across the ground between bases miles from any fight and been farmed by a lone ESF or Lib who just happened to be passing overhead.

I now immediately switch to my dual AA max whenever it happens - so next time you get taken out by an AA max, just remember, it's probably the actions of you or one of your fellow pilots who made me jump into the suit in the first place. Cause and effect.
    • Up x 3
  5. Nasher

AA is fine and has been for a long time now. As we saw in beta, nerfing it only makes air vehicles overpowered and you end up with swarms of them that are impossible to kill.

Anti-air weapons are a dedicated hard counter to air and that is the only role they fill. You can't really kill anything else with them like you can with AV weapons.
  6. TheRunDown

Funny thing is, if you actually play MAX with Bursters, it's very ineffective solo..
    If you're getting destroyed by AA in seconds, you're in the wrong place at the right time..
    • Up x 3
  7. Krayus_Korianis

Normally if there's a lot of air, I jump into a MAX Suit to act as a deterrent. IF I was out in open land, it's my doom. However, if there's things to hide from them, then it's so easy to destroy them if they're searching for me. I was on Hossin and they tried to ram me. I jumped and kept shooting them with the bursters. They were a ball of flame.
  8. FocusLight

I have video-proof of a dozen or so AA MAX'es unable to stop a relentless rain of death from airforces.

Your argument is invalid.
    • Up x 2
  9. user101

Your video is proof that the Max AA is way over power -- Other wise why would you need a dozen mos fighters to take on 3 max's with no support and yet hide below the max fire line, from the max's.

If anything your video proves with out a shadow of a doubt that Max's AA are over power and need removed from the game.
    Had there been backup support for there max's they would have killed all the mos ... aircraft in a couple minutes.

That video just shows how lucky you got, taking over that base... The VS abandoning a base on the emerald server just does not happen.

Next time you do a video don't hide below the line of fire.... and call that a superior video. That's a wimp not wanting his mos shot out from under him.
  10. FocusLight

Can't tell if serious...

Also, I had not said anything about how the video is 'superior' or anything, I simply offered a video to provide some counter to the idea that AA-MAX'es are somehow over-powered.
    • Up x 1
  11. Doc Jim

Stop feeding him.
    • Up x 2
  12. RadarX

We're going to go ahead and close this one up. Thank you for the feedback!
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.