Mattherson team balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ultramarine, May 15, 2013.

1. Ultramarine

Actually NOT a population thread, Mattherson's is great. The real problem I'm seeing, and I've waited 2 weeks to say anything so I could be sure it was recurring, is where the enemy throws their platoons. Every alert, when it hits an hour, regardless of how the NC are currently doing, the VS and TR lighten up their attack on one another so that it is platoon or less, and then throw platoons at the NC in several locations. I'm not sure what's up with this but it's really not acceptable to be deliberately screwing over a faction like that. NC on mattherson hasn't won an alert that I've seen in 2 weeks because of it, even with a population advantage it would be impossible considering we're fighting 75% of the map at a time. Real question I guess for either side is, Is this intentional?
    • Up x 2
  2. VSDerp

NC doesn't deserve to win a alert! but seriously how is the NC getting screwed over?
  3. metrotw

you must have missed the last 2 months where NC were basically winning around 85% of the alerts. payback son...
    • Up x 7
  4. VSDerp

this
  5. thrikerr

The only thing I've noticed is that when the TR tries to remove the VS lock on Indar, the NC try to back cap everything behind us.
    • Up x 5
  6. WyrdHarper

I think it's just bias from whichever side you're playing. For example, from the TR standpoint on alerts it often looks like NC and VS are ignoring each other to attack us. I think with large outfits, roughly even populations, and organization from all three sides, fights are a challenge on all side--which is great. From my point of a view, I believe TR has won a number of alerts simply because leaderchat gets extremely organized during alerts, but at the same time luck is very heavily involved as well. Most of the alerts we have won recently have been very close things, which I think just goes to show that every side is approximately evenly matched.
    • Up x 2
  7. VSDerp

well us vanu won last night's alert with our non zerg tactics clearly. we are just that great.
    • Up x 2
  8. HadesR

Actually it's perfectly acceptable .. Hey it's war .. It's your job to do everything you can within the game rules to screw over the enemy :p
    • Up x 2
  9. Ultramarine

Yeah we had the 4th faction and were broken :p now its even and you guys are still playing like its not Given it's still fun, I just hate that every time I log on my team's kicked up to the territory outside our warpgate with platoons waiting in any option I could take.
    Congrats to VS for another consecutive win BTW
  10. MarlboroMan-E

VS were great on Amerish last night, totally smoked our bags. Didn't help that we had two platoons worth of idiots in an unconnected biolabs.
    • Up x 3
  11. Sebyos

I personally noticed another trend. TR really likes to appear like a low threat during the first hour, then when we get to play with NC at the 45 minutes mark or so TR just zergs our territories with a ton of vehicles.

Of course I view things from the VS point of view. But this really happens.

I personally don't think any faction works with another during alerts and I have no reason to think that anyway.
    • Up x 4
  12. Xae

Mostly because TR and VS were on Indar to protect/take the lock.

NC is really great at capping empty continents though.
    • Up x 3
  13. Ultramarine

I would never believe you're working together. I just think we're more hated for owning the Alert system last month.
  14. Ultramarine

you mean for having 40+% of world population
  15. VSDerp

it was one of the funniest fights.battled ya terrans most of the alert. ya was not giving up at all.
  16. NoctD

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen the NC try to pile along with a TR push on Indar so the continent gets uncapped, they just go for easy pickings instead.
    • Up x 1
  17. NoctD

Well that's Mattherson TR - they'll farm away uselessly in a bio-lab over capturing territory. VS actually push for land grabs, while Mattherson TR don't seem to care most times, they just want some big infantry pileup.
  18. thrikerr

Yeah. Lol and then the VS ********** keeps going. :p

At least TR is hated enough to convince two factions and a hacker to work together to remove a continent lock.
    • Up x 1
  19. llPendragon

Yes, apparently it is intentional.
    • Up x 1
  20. EliteEskimo

Every stinking time too!
    http://4.bp.************/-P6_UhtNoa9Y/UXRAv54wmLI/AAAAAAAAAVo/4tSIUkYbKwc/s1600/tacticalFacepalm.jpg
    • Up x 3