Mattherson is lagging like mad

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by talmaru, May 14, 2013.

1. talmaru

Infinite jetpacks
    Cannot repair vehicles
    The usual
    • Up x 2
  2. NiteJazz

Yeah, on mattherson so many things are going wrong. I'm getting hit 5 seconds after i die. Please fix this.
    • Up x 1
  3. Mindcrime

I would like to bump this thread and respectfully inform SOE that one third of the content of your game is nothing short of unplayable. It is quite sad that in actuality many of us have come to expect this performance during any sort of heavy load on one continent. Understandably this is a technical problem and I know nothing can be magically fixed instantly but could we at least get a "We're looking into it."

For the love all things holy, please feed the Mattherson hamsters.
  4. Lonecompany

Same here, can't repair, saw flying tanks, flying debris, took time to kill other players (felt like the bullets took forever to travel just 10 meters) :eek:
  5. Argylius

Is sad day for engineers :(
  6. KnightCole

Lol, ive had that happen. Killed a guy, backed into the spawn shield and a full second or so later...."POOT" down came a Rifle Grenade in my face. Another time I died to an enemy infantry bullet again like a full second after the guy died.
  7. TSR-NiallS Customer Service

Thanks for letting us know, guys. I've reported the lag issues on Mattherson. Is it a specific continent or area of a continent, or the server as a whole?
  8. Lonecompany

I can confirm that it has been all around on Indar, during and after an Alert. Not sure about the other continents.
  9. Rugged Malone

I've encountered this severe lag on all three continents (Indar, Esamir, and Amerish). It manifests for me as though everyone on the server is lagging or packet hacking...vehicles jumping around, yawing and pitching wildly, infantry skipping all over the place. It is virtually impossible to shoot anything mobile in this state (wall turrets being about the only thing you can shoot successfully), although you can still roadkill quite effectively.

It really does resemble a network issue, although I'm not encountering any other signs of latency with my connection, and restarting the client has so far always corrected the problem.

I've also had it affect several outfit mates from different geographic locations at the same time, while others are unaffected.

Doesn't seem to be affected by the number of units on screen or nearby, once this behavior begins it persists until the client is restarted; moving to a less populated area doesn't improve it.
  10. L3TUC3

Ammo packs did not dispense ammo.
    The repair tool, while filling the bar on a vehicle or max, did not repair or give xp.
    Medic tool did not heal, nor revive as did the AoE heal ability.

It was a pain to keep any sort of offensive up as there was no way to get more ammo except for AMS sundies or terminals. Which you couldn't repair.
  11. MagicFerret

I can attest to this he tanks directly and waited at least one second (most likely more) till the shot registered
  12. N3RDLOGAN

This is happening on Waterson, not localised to Mattherson. The lag affects repair tools, cloaking/abilities, damage registration, basically the entire game feels and plays like its lagging.
  13. BadLlama

This **** was pretty bad way back in Tech Test Beta, I thought they fixed it : ((((
  14. MKEYCKOR

3 days in a row during late afternoon alerts. Can confirm game is pretty much unplayable for me from 4pm to about 7pm CST every day of the week now.
  15. powerz

it's absolutely unplayable at this very moment.............time to throw some more hamsters in the severs wheels.....it sure does feel like a load issue to me.