Massive lag and FPS problems.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by uhlan, Feb 3, 2014.

1. uhlan

After the latest update, I have been experiencing ridiculous FPS swings and apparent lag.

Feels like I'm walking through molasses as I move.

My ping to Waterson is 56ms, ping to Miller is 121ms and to Connery is 100ms.

Ping to Google.com is 16ms.

My FPS also has wild swings from 112 to 17 in the same room. Often times empty rooms as opposed to rooms filled with avatars or looking in certain directions regardless of population.

Anyone else experiencing these wild swings in latency?
  2. TheFamilyGhost

System specs pls.
  3. Hibiki54

Post your specs and we will give you our opinions/flames.

Although, I should say that getting a dedicated NIC instead of using the onboard NIC of your motherboard does help a lot in terms of ping/latency. Also frees up resources for your north/south bridge.
  4. JokeForgrim

I have, I've taken a break for a while after playing 3 times since the ESF update.

It started after PU02 got worse after the ESF update, Thinking I might have to redownload and install the game again. (slightly improved it the last 6 times) Seems like their patching does weird things with my existing install yet reinstalling gets things in the right order again.
  5. EliteEskimo

I play with below minimum required settings, but I definitely think that PU2 made things worse for me and I'm getting less FPS and crashing more. After PU1 I would get between 19-23 FPS in the warp gate, now it's more like 14-19. What's strange is sometimes my FPS outside battles is in the mid to high 20''s like everything is fine, but now inside battles can be low as 10 instead of 15-20. Ontop of that before PU2 when I entered large battles I'd just teleport more and have lower fps, but now I just seem to crash more instead . I also seem to crash at least once shortly after logging in and then after that I can go long periods of time without crashing again.

I also think WaaWaa maybe onto something about explosions having some reason behind it, because when I get nailed with rocket pods or the viper cannon my FPS goes to like nothing lol. It will be nice when I finally get a decent rig to play this game.:D