Massive CPU hit after recent update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gray0043, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Gray0043

So after this last update my frame rate has taken a massive hit. I run a GTX 960 for graphics and an i5 4460 3.2 for my processor. Before this update I was playing on high settings with 60fps in even big battles, now I'm down to 20-30 in even small fights on medium and low.

I monitored the performance of my system during game play and my graphics card does absolutely fine, but my processor hits 100% usage even in small fights on medium. Is this an issue that multiple people are having? I just recently upgraded my GPU and I really don't want to have to change out my processor when like every site I have looked at says it is well above the recommended requirements.

Has anyone else had this issue?
  2. FunBotan

Confirmed.
    Before: 60 [GPU]
    After: 30 [CPU]
  3. Gray0043

I turned shadows completely off and that gave me frames in the 40-50 region pretty consistently in bigger fights, close to what I had but not quite. CPU still maxing out though.
  4. RainbowDash9

i have an almost identical cpu gpu set up (i have the i-5 4440 and the 4GB gtx 960) and i sit around 40-80 range on ultra when noones around, which is pretty normal, but as soon as there is some action, my fps will plummet almost immediately. down into the 20-30s
  5. military1428

DB isn't going to do dick about it, unfortunately. The are talking about not supporting PS2 anymore and only focusing on the newer games.
  6. user101

The reason you have a massive CPU hit is because you don't have a 6 core cpu...
    PS2 is now using 5 cores...at about 80% usage (just the PS2.exe)
    Disk I/O is way up too maxed out on my machine. You need to be running 6mbs SATA.. I only have 3MBS HD
    I/O on network running more than 100K

All this is because of PS4 you know...!! PhysX will be next .... that will take the 6th core.....
    The DEV's are gearing up boys....!
  7. ShiruBiru

Next step is close the servers, planetside 2 is dead
  8. ObiVanuKenobi

"Source: my imagination"

They are currently working on construction and Indar revamp. Nobody except you has said anything about devs not supporting this game anymore.
    • Up x 1