" Marketing man "

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Mar 22, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

[IMG]

" Marketing " says chat.
    You imagine the updates if PS2 had 80k to 300k pop.

https://steamdb.info/charts/?tagid=1663

Alternate title: " Why aren't the most popular fps games with x100 more funds; leagues better than ps2? " TBH they aren't better at all. Either equally as good; if not worst. Toss PS2 the held yearly pop #'s, thus the funds of the other games; so ps2 with x10 more features, then tell me these games aren't nearly as good.

- Counter Strike; why are people even still playing CS. I know someone is gonna say " it's competitive " Meh 0.1 no scope twitch gameplay is lame. CS is a 90's game, it'll always be only a 90''s game.

- Pubg like the mobile game? or a game that got overshadowed by Fortnite. Meh. Next.

- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six. Huh? Who plays that?

- Apex just is a cartooney battle royal I don't understand the appeal.

- Rust was a basic survival game, only with a ton of streamer sponsorships has that game stayed relevant.
    if the game is above average, it's only from overrated hype, leading to some features. Pass.

- Team Fortress 2; WHAT IS GOING ON. I don't know if I should laugh or get mad. Dude wtf. How the freak does Team Fortress 2 have 60,000 more pop than PS2. That's insane.

- Crab game, Unturned, Dayz, Destiny 2, Red Dead redemption 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Garry's Mod, Left 4 Dead 2, 7 days to die: A ton of single player and semi multiplayer games that have less action than PS2 has. & not as much multiplayer opportunity as PS2 has to offer. Yet these games have more pop? why >.>

I'm not even blaming the devs at this point I'm blaming the players; & If I was to blame a marketing team; it'd be SOE's team.

- Overwatch 2: got horrible reviews. essentially OW1 renamed.

- BF 2042: The game has its perks I'm sure; yet I wouldn't say the game has more to offer than ps2. I'd say has less to offer with some perks. Similar to how Halo Infinite multiplayer had its uniqueness; yet still halo had a average road map.
    • Up x 2
  2. AuricStarSand

Is smashing boxes for junk items fun to do for battle royals, after you've done that 1,000 times? these streamers recycle through box loot like its a chore, not even a skill anymore. Unlike other features that keep evolving, box loot doesn't ever enough evolve. Nor does the maps size. Limited.

I'm starting to get the impression that hype means more than features or overall game format.
    PS2 doesn't have to have the best twitch gameplay; to have the best strategy, or best layout,
    or best format for fps's. I see PS2 like chess these days,
    you switch classes to deal with a situation & theirs troops for rts.

I just want PS2 to have 80k to 300k pop. 10 expansions. & a few popular streamers.

I did hear of one streamer; he highlighted some dead fps game & that working to bring the game pop.
    I don't believe it was Squad, seemed like a older game. Yet still worked, he even got YT popular for the underrated fps title.

Too bad SOE didn't want to market this game like at least how Rust has. With streamers. If not Fortnite. The PS2 leveling system should have been as popular as WoW was. From 2011 onward. PS2 deserved some Apex Legends amount of marketing.

Why are all the dumb mobile game that aren't even deserving to be titled " games "; mobile games get so much marketing. Smh. Everything is upside down.

Out of all these games PS2 is better than the top 10 listed.

However even if you were to tell me these other games are worthy; they still aren't x10 better given the fact that these other games have had more funds for features. & held 80+ to 400k+ pop for however many years. Yet these top 20 games listed; even with all those advantages; still aren't x10 better; & IMO not even better at all; worst.

I don't know what the devs or new business model wants to do with the marketing of PS2. Just know PS2 isn't far behind these other games that have 80k to 300k to 1million pop. Most likely not far at all, just equal footing. Speaking of gameplay offers. Not numbers.

So I've been compiling a list of features to improve this game; yet after knowing ALL OF THESE FPS GAMES I WOULDN"T VOTE FOR OVER PS2, have 100,000%+ more pop. Then why speak of features; when the main issue is still marketing? & I've played most fantasy mmorpg's too, so I'm not just saying that to fan over ps2.

This just proves the main issue of PS2 has never been features; always has been marketing & always is going to be marketing. Half the gamers haven't ever tried PS2, I'm sure. I know their was a news article for mmorpg.com lately speaking of Oshur. PS2 needs way more Mmorpg.com forum talks & articles.

The other half may of heard of ps2, I don't know tbh, since SOE never marketing the game from the get go. I mean one official trailer is all SOE worked on, sheesh. Star Wars the mmorpg had way more trailers & that game was x10 worst than PS2 is. With x100 less potential.

PS2 for sure is better than Apex Legends, which is just a mid copy pasted battle royal game, not even self inspired. The most cartooney of the battle royals too, yet has 300k pop >.>

Then when you know PS2 has 1k pop while Team Fortress 2 has 68k, that theirs's a issue. Since PS2 is 1,000% better than TF2 is.
    PS2 is literally the evolution of TF2. PS2 is technically TF3 on scifi steroids with vehicles, more guns, more everything, & bigger maps. Yet has 60,000% less pop? So marketing ye.

What was the most popular PS2 update for Population #'s?

What game is a " Alive " game. I get pop wise. Tho hype wise. Their seems like 2 options, you play a fantasy mmorpg; which I'm from that scene. & their isn't a " alive fantasy mmo ". Theirs no popular fantasy mmo hype wise out right now. Besides say Path of Exile, tho that's not even a mmorpg officially. For example; Diablo 4 lost 99% of it's players past half year. Lost Ark p2w fail. Amazon New World fail. Essentially all the corporate greedy games are failing. & they deserve to fail. Unlike underrated ps2.

1) So ye zero hyped fantasy mmo's out. As your first option.
    2) 2nd option is a Dr.Disrespect fps battle royal which I never was a fan of.

Theirs your 2 options; are those 2 options such rivals that they shouldn't find sponsors for PS2? or PS3? Or some WH40k hybrid mmofps. No those 2 options; do not stand in any devs way of any game department.

So theirs nothing major hitting the horizon; just the stretched out pops of many mid games.
    & PS2's always underrated; well for now; struggling to find a way to highlight itself amongst these mid games; even if the fundamentals of PS2's fps are better than all the fps games that are popular for Steam.
    • Up x 1
  3. VV4LL3

Some Business Intelligence for you: Typically, marketing accounts for about 75% of a company's disposable profit, with the remainder allocated to areas like research and development. However, in the case of PS2, despite its current steam active player placement at around 110ish, there are fewer than 1000 concurrent active players. Another metric for assessing a game's success is its forum activity. Comparing the earliest replies and posts on the PS2 forums to the present shows a significant decline. When players feel their feedback isn't valued, they tend to disengage. Interestingly, developers primarily interact on Reddit, where many questionable game ideas originate, rather than prioritizing engagement on the official game forums. Thus, there's additional evidence to support your observation.
  4. ZORN777

give the link it is the official reddit of planetside 2
  5. VV4LL3

The only official forum for planetside 2 is this forum portal that we are currently using.