Manticore

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Xenogears, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Xenogears

Anyone tried the Manticore yet?...im saving up for it, i need a really good gun for my infiltrations when hacking bases !.
  2. KorJax

Terrible

Basically almost exactly like the beamer except with bad recoil
  3. Xenogears

Oh crap...didnt expect that, so any advice for a good weapon when infiltrating?, something good for close range.
  4. SpruceMoose

proxy mines?
    or light assault
  5. Rune

Lol its not terrible.
    More dmg per shot, slower ROF. Is that a tradeoff you want? its a tradeoff i certanly prefer.
  6. SpruceMoose

must have some good aim
    I use it and get lucky with the headshots, if I miss the extra damage doesn't hurt, but the beamers just plain better
    shoots faster more accurately and I'm guessing the TTK would be faster as well

now if you switch to TR then your all set for close range, those pistols are sex
    (sexpistols)
  7. Rune

I would sell my left ingame nut for a tr pistol

The selling point for me with the manticore is the larger dmg per magazine. Increasing my total killing power once i run out of bullets for my primary. This happenes once in a blue moon tho. The guns are not that different.
  8. SGTTEMPEST

The manticore is nothing to get excited for over the beamer. I didn't know about the trial period at the time and I wasted my SC on it. Not pleased at all. If you want to "infiltrate" grab the Nyx and throw on the suppressor+forward grip+2x holo scope and go to work.
  9. grin

It's a single damage point increase per shot with a rof reduction that actually drops its dps by 11%. It is also a little bit worse in both hipfire and ADS spread.

I addressed this issue and propose new unique pistols in a thread if you guys are interested in getting better unlock pistols.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...able-pistols-worse-for-tr-vs-ok-for-nc.53358/

With the negligible horizontal recoil of the nyx you may want to forgo the forward grip in favor of a laser sight for those close encounters.
  10. SGTTEMPEST

I was just thinking that if you are trying to get the jump on someone you wouldn't want a laser beam that can be traced back to your position/give you away early?
  11. Lavalampe

Has someone tested a laser for the manticore?
    I find it's hipfire accuracy terrible so maybe a laser will help?
  12. itzCujo666

I got the Manticore and it's OK. I also have Nyx. Do not get the forward grip on Nyx, like someone higher said... forward grip is for horizontal recoil, Nyx is all vertical recoil, get the compensator. Anyway, Manticore...yeah, I use it a lot. It's OK. It's kind of like the REX in BF3, that I used all the time. So, is good, but not great. Seems fewer hits to kill and a heavier gun (feels it, anyway, I don't know all the stats, etc.) "Feels" better (to me) than the Beamer. I want to get silencer and laser sight for Manticore...eventually. Suggest you trial it, see if you like it. Good luck with your choice.
  13. Lavalampe

I don't think that you can compare the manticore with the Rex. The Rex kills with 2 Bodyshots or 1 Headshot in 8m distance. The Manticore needs way more bodyshots and has a lower rate of fire while the damage could be compared with an M1911. It also has 15 bullets instead the 6 bullets from the rex.
  14. itzCujo666

No worries, like I said, it "feels" heavier. Sorry, maybe not right word, but it "feels" stronger than the Beamer, feels fewer hits to kill than the beamer, maybe because I go for the head more. :) The point is, it's not a great sign (for the Nyx) or it is a good sign (for the Manticore) when I move in enemy bases with the Manticore out instead of the Nyx (more a statement on the Nyx, really).
  15. Trysaeder

The manticore is a mag-shot clone with 50m/s slower bullets, but they don't drop. In other words, they are practically the same (though my beta tests showed that the manticore is significantly less accurate than the mag-shot during sustained fire).

The only reason to use it is for the guaranteed 3 shot head shot as it has both lower DPS and less accuracy than the default beamer, though you may have better practical success in landing shots directly on the head by more carefully aiming your manti-shot rounds.