[BUG] MANA Turret bullets "stuck in the barrel", won't fire.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Troubleshooter11, Feb 8, 2013.

1. YourNameOnRice

It happened to me tonight several times in rapid succession. Playing TR engi and I can't even fire my turret for more than say 30 seconds before it jams up. Used to only be when I would leave the turret and then return. Now it happens to new turrets after 15-30 seconds. Has this problem has gotten worse for anyone else recently?
  2. RobotNinja

Check your chamber for jams, swap out the barrel if it's too hot.
  3. barduck

This now happens to me too often, sometimes it takes just about 20-30 seconds to fire the turret before it becomes useless and needs to be replaced, extremely annoying.

Now I come here and read that this bug exists for several months already and no one bothers to fix it. Ridiculous.
  4. RealityWarrior

This finally happened to me last night :(
  5. aRottenKomquat

Happens to me all the time. I'm doing good if a MANA turret is usable for longer than 10 seconds.
  6. Ryekir

For the love of god, can we finally get this fixed? I can't count the number of times this has gotten me killed because my turret randomly decides not to fire at the enemy, or the enemy catches me off guard while I am placing a new turret to fix it. This seems to happen almost 90% of the time when I am using it now.

I'm just guessing here, but it seems like the problem is that the bullets are originating from inside the gun and for some reason it gets out-of-whack and starts hitting the inside of the gun or the shield instead of continuing on. If that's the case then fixing it might be as simple as making the bullets originate from right in front of the gun instead; would be similar to how vehicle weapons were fixed to originate from the cross-hair rather than the barrel.
  7. Leivve

... 50-60 how the balls do you do that? If it jams you get OUT, you don't stay and try to take on the coming storm.
  8. Ryekir

If it hadn't jammed, you would have mowed down the enemy in a second, instead the enemy charges you and shoots you while you are attempting to exit the turret. There is a minor delay when entering/exiting the turret (just like vehicles) that when combined with the reaction time of realizing your turret is suddenly jammed gives the enemy enough time and opportunity to kill you.
  9. Jakko

It appears like the bullets are hitting the shield attached to the turret itself. Gets annoying when you set up a defensable position and you can't return fire.