Making your own cloak more visible

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by reydelchicken, Jan 15, 2014.

1. reydelchicken

Does anyone know how I can make my own cloak more visible?
    I like playing with sniper rifles, specifically with the tsar-42 and when I aim down sights, my scope becomes invisible along with me, is there a way I can have the red aura that I see on teammates applied to myself?

If that is not possible, any other suggestions? I know I can use the built in crosshair in my monitor, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.
  2. M2_Bradley

Purchase a better Mk.I Eyeball....Sadly it is one of the problems with the cloak+aiming.But usually even when cloaked,I already aimed spot on.If not,a little adjustment and fire.Not much of a problem.
  3. reydelchicken

I don't use my sniper rifle long range though.
    I usually use it mid-close range, like a carbine or shotgun, I guess that's the price I pay for using the weapon out of it's intended range I suppose...
  4. M2_Bradley

I use the SAS-R(NC equivalent).Same tactic as you.Only I can somehow aim while cloaked...
  5. Vaphell

Imo it's a soe fail. They should detach the crosshair from the model and not apply the cloak to it. The bug with wraith flashes (some cosmetics and mods are not affected by the cloak so they render and cast shadows) should be made a feature here.
    With time you learn where your crosshair is and there are these small distortions produced by the crosshair lines which you can use to prepare your shot. Their usefulness depends on the background though.
  6. reydelchicken

Hmm.. so it seems that I'll have to live with it then.

The reason I wanted something like this is because I know where my crosshair is but sometimes when someone runs up to me with their shotgun out, it's essential that I can line up a headshot pretty much instantly.

And since I can't see the crosshair I sometimes miss just by a tiny bit, and this gets me killed.
  7. Amundsenkalmah

I think higher graphics settings allows you to see the dot, or at least it helps
  8. reydelchicken

Do you know which setting I have to use to see my dot?
    Is it the textures etc?
    I am running a low gfx config currently, but if you happened to know which setting I have to turn up, and how much that would be very helpful.
  9. ZillFattak

That would be new to me. Playing on highest settings.

Simple solution:
    Transparent tape and a marker. Put the tape with a dot on your screen. There you go.
    • Up x 2
  10. Benevon

Hahahahaha. Love it.
  11. cruczi

LOL I might actually do that to help with 3rd person vehicle aiming
  12. reydelchicken

Heh, I actually have an asus 144hz monitor that I can place a crosshair through software, I was trying to avoid that, because with sniper rifles or when moving and aiming down sights your physical crosshair will offset the ingame crosshair.

But still +1 for the cool idea :)