Making magriders unique

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codex561, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Codex561

I just thought of this idea and decided to go to the forums just for that.
    You know how devs put charge ups on us VS? Well what if we got another one, one for maggie main cannons.

You could charge the shots up to increase velocity and reduce drop.
    thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. TheMish

I think at one point someone asked for that, but it was shot down because people favored the ability to act like a Howitzer.
  3. Taemien

Its been suggested a few times. Most actually liked the idea. Uncharged, the weapon would fire like it does now. Fully charged it fires at maybe 50-75% more velocity.
  4. TheAnnoyingGunner

I find your idea interesting and don't see much of a problem there, but... making the Magrider unique? Seriously? How much uniqueness do you require to call your levitating, strafing, energy weapon wielding tank "unique"?
    • Up x 1
  5. Shockwave44

Replace unique with useful.
  6. DatVanuMan

Spot on, man!
  7. DatVanuMan

ANYTHING to make this crappy turret work! I want LESS DROP, and the charge mechanic can do just that!
  8. Codex561

First of all, all factions should be unique but VS is the only one lacking in utility
  9. TriumphantJelly

Hmm.... How to do a charge up thingy without making it confuzzling....?

For instance, we don't want to mess up the maximum DPS with shoot-on-release, but there's no other way to do it.

Actually, it wouldn't make a difference, 'cept for "reaction shots".
  10. Kryvakryz

Not a bad idea, but this would have to be offset by something - higher velocity and less bullet drop are too important in long range fights or against air (although because of the limited elevation angles, low velocity and fixed turret, Mag is pretty gimped right now). It would be nice if SOE introduced unique main cannons to all factions though.