[Suggestion] Make the Attacker have to secure there Spawn

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Livefire, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Livefire

No........the problem is there is a mechanic in game that was made to solve a problem that no longer exists and there for should be entirely removed. And in addition to how you can prevent being spawn camped around your spawn building without the aid of a pain field - they have now even removed the canopy of spawn buildings in the last update so you can shoot out through the one way roof shield at aircraft! So all they need to do is make there be shielded windows and doors on all sides of the spawn buildings so you can get a good 360 degree coverage around the spawn building to shoot at anything that approaches " we nearly have this" and make the roof of the spawn almost all shield so we can see and shoot out very clearly at any aircraft that are camping it "easy change" and there for no need for a boring and stupid pain field any longer. A whole other mechanic that can be completely removed just like the cool down timers:)
  2. Ronin Oni

ITT: Proudest Spawn Room Hero Ever.

All this would do is promote camping instead of making a last ditch effort for the point.
  3. Livefire

Holding a spawn room to the very end is a 100 percent tactical move as long as there is not a stupid pain field to kill you!! Your team does not need to fall back to an adjacent base and regroup to try and retake that base. If you control the spawn room as in the tubes are still yours then your team can teleport from another adjacent base right into the spawn building and try to push out and retake the base from within, did this is PS1 all the time.

If the base has turned so the tubes are enemy now that is the reason for having the SCU in the spawn building to because then the defenders can blow it and hold the spawn as long as possible with a proper suited squad and there for significantly reduce that bases effectiveness for the new owners "as in there is no working hard spawn there." And in the mean time other players can mount an offensive from another adjacent base and assault it and try to retake it " these are the awesome tactics this mechanic change would allow."

I like your wording by the way "spawn room hearo's" its got a nice ring to it. As a player I want you the other player to have to take every inch of ground from me and pry it from my cold dead hands! No auto win mechanic BS like now....I have no respect for lazy players who can't take the time to actually clear and secure there entire facility's and need a boring game mechanic to do it for them:(!
  4. Livefire

Dude! If entire platoons can teleport to the base because the spawn is still working, you don't think they are going to try and push out and re-secure the baseo_O!!???? And if the defenders can not push out of the spawn and retake the base cap points from with in, why is it such a bad thing for a squad to set up a last Alamo defense in the spawn room and try to kill as many enemy and get as much XP as possible before they can clear it out!!???That sounds like mad fun to me!! And as the attacker I would love waiting for those shields to change color to charge them in my max and clear it out and know that the defenders actually have a chance against me because they are not going to be getting killed by the stupid pain field the whole time.

It's really sad because I barely ever see max crashes like I did in PS1 and this would be a great mechanic change to encourage them again. Nothing like watching an outfit organize 30 maxes to crash a gen in PS1......good times that are very missed is PS2:(!
  5. LT_Latency

They have pain fields cause it just became a friendly spawn.

I doubt players want to spawn into a room with 100 enemies
  6. Livefire

That is not accurate, Pain fields were added because SOE stupidly designed the original tower spawn rooms with an exit only and later realized it and fixed it and made it the way it is now. There for we have no reason for them any longer, please read the whole post its only 2 pages as of now.
  7. Axehilt

I don't even know what you're talking about with exit-only spawns thing.

If the enemy is camping the spawn from the inside, you cannot land enough damage to overcome the turrets and medic spam. There was no feasible way to deal with them apart from outnumbering them, and the fact that you couldn't spawn at that base to deal with them without a sunderer was horrible.

The game needs less spawncamping, not more. If anything, hard spawns should be much more distant from capture points and sunderers should go back to being killable by one player (nerf OP shield) and tweaks should be made to sunderer no-deploy zones so that we have a lot more player-created soft spawns. When a soft spawn is overwhelmed it doesn't get camped, it gets destroyed. That's better gameplay, and the game should focus on moving things in that direction rather than putting a bunch of effort into a change which would be neutral at best and very likely send things crashing into the beta dark ages of turret-camped spawns.
    • Up x 1
  8. Axehilt

No, it is accurate.

Pain fields were added because this gameplay was stupid.

This gameplay would still be stupid because you still can't throw grenades or shoot back inside your own spawn. Nevermind the fact that the core idea of the enemy camping inside your own spawn is also stupid.
    • Up x 1
  9. Deathcapt

ITT: Spawn room heroes want more certs.

If I had my way there would be an unshielded SCU outside EVERY spawn room, in a building adjacent to it, with a 1minute 30second overload time. If you can't defend a building right next to your main spawn, then you've lost the base, and it should be time to clear out. It would also mitigate Spawn room heroes and the general redeploy meta that most people dislike.
    • Up x 1
  10. Revanmug

Huh wat? I don't understand your gibberish. Here is what you previously said and that I could understand.

Which is wrong because defender (those trying to oust the spawn camper) CANNOT shot through the spawn shield because they are, as I explain: "those shield are 1 way (if not at all), inside to outside. Anything from the outside is blocked, friendly or not." To actually kill the spawn campers, you'll have to either spawn in (get **** by AI turrets) OR spawn outside the base, pass a set of shield and then open fire (assuming you don't get **** by another set of AI turret or AI mine).

Now, if you are the guy that think there is an actual shield around the spawn tube (the thing being camp by 3214 AI turret), then you are just plain dumb. There is absolutly nothing there stopping arms from killing a guy that spawn. Anyone that spawn there will instantly die.
    • Up x 1
  11. Livefire

As far as needing a Sunderer to secure your base if your tubes were down and the spawn building was camped that's the ******* point and it would not be hard to retake a spawn at all as you will always have greater numbers right after a cap. The people that oppose this idea clearly never player Planetside 1 which was very much like this with destructible spawn tubes and allow players to actually use tactics and strategy to disable bases which worked fantastic!
  12. Livefire

Again you clearly did not read what I said or you simply don't understand. If your spawn building was camped you would be able to disable the shields to it by destroying the gen that controlled them from outside the spawn room so you could shoot and throw grenades in with no problem.....
  13. Livefire

READ>If your spawn building was camped you would be able to disable the shields to it by destroying the gen that controlled them from outside the spawn room so you could shoot and throw grenades in with no problem.....
  14. Livefire

An updated Explanation of how this mechanic would work with no pain fields.
    I need to make a correction to what I said about being able to destroy your own gen to take the shields down as you would not be able to do that. And I see what both of you are saying, I did not understand it at first. I did not consider the enemy being able to camp your own spawn and there for having your own spawn building shields protection and that should not be. So here is a very simple fix.

Base cap with strong defense force
    1. Defenders are eventually pushed off cap points and "timed" capture begins.

2. Defenders fall back and defend there shield gen for there spawn building and continue attempt to retake cap points from spawn.

3. Base Capture eventually goes through and all defenders are killed except those camped in the enemy spawn building. They kill the SCU in the spawn which takes out the tubes and set up a garrison for there Alamo defense. "Just FYI spawn tube shields would actually work now with the same mechanic as spawn building door shields so you could not be killed in your tube by an enemy and you could shoot out and throw grenades if the enemy where to leave the SCU up to try and get easy spawn tube kills like before."

4. When a base cap goes through the spawn room shields are powered if the gens are still up but default turned off until they are turned on by the new base owners from inside the spawn next to the SCU.

5. Once there spawn is cleared of all enemy's, they would repair the SCU and turn on and or repair the spawn building shield gen "if they were able to kill it". And now there base is fully working and clear of enemy's and they can be proud because they did it themselves, not with a stupid boring NPC game mechanic.

Base cap with weak defense force
    1. Defenders are quickly pushed off cap points and "timed" capture begins.

2. Defenders fall back and defend there shield gen for there spawn building but are quickly pushed off and fall back to spawn and set up Alamo defense.

3. Attackers destroy spawn building shield gen dropping the spawn building shields.

4. Attackers rush/bombard spawn and kills all enemy defenders and destroys the SCU inside so no more troops can spawn in.

5. Attackers hold base tell cap goes through without any internal resistance.

6. After cap, new base owners repair spawn building shield gen and SCU and turn on spawn building shields.

7. Now there base is fully working and clear of enemy's and they can be proud because they did it themselves, not with a stupid boring NPC game mechanic.

This would be a much more fun and rewarding mechanic then we currently have and it would be similar to the PS1 mechanic but updated and hybridized with PS2 mechanic's.
  15. FieldMarshall

How about just Planetside 1? Instant spawnroom "fix".
  16. Livefire

PS1's spawn mechanic was far better then the current mechanic. This would actually be similar to the PS1 mechanic but updated and hybridized with PS2 mechanic's.
  17. Axehilt

I played a great deal of Planetside 1 and know exactly what elements about it weren't fun.

This idea is nothing like Planetside 1 because in PS1 by the time the base was capped things were completely done and the tubes or gen had been killed for a while during the 15-minute hack. So don't try to pretend that playing PS1 has anything to do with this idea.

Just accept the fact that nobody wants the sort of shallow gameplay this would inject into the game, when we could instead have gameplay where tactics like flanking are possible, by accelerating how fast we get to the next base (or at least the open field battle before that next base.)
    • Up x 1
  18. Livefire

Actually if you read my post in full detail instead of just glancing over it just so you can be the typical negative voice on the forums to any common sense and logical changes which probably has something to do with making this game continue to lack proper game play mechanics, you would see that this allows base caps to go through much faster if the defenders could not defend there spawn from being over run and taken out "just like it was in PS1"! Also I would be very happy to see flanking and better open field battle but for that you need crewed MBTs and more realistic and powerful un-castrated vehicles, based on the joke of a gunship transport the Valkyrie is we won't be getting this anytime soon:(
  19. Axehilt

I never criticized the "SCU at every base" portion of your post. That would be a good improvement.

I only criticized the idea that attackers would have to tediously clear out the spawn rooms, which are often extremely defensible, after we've already learned that that wasn't fun gameplay in beta. Changes were made, and things are better.

Vehicles are quite powerful at the moment, so it's confusing that you would try to draw conclusions based on the Valkyrie (an outlier, obviously because it just got into the game) or fully-crewed MBTs (which aren't required to have good vehicle combat.) It's disappointing that at a handful of bases flanking isn't possible (mostly on hossin) and that should be improved, but that only affects ground vehicles and isn't the norm across the rest of the game. But the main point is really that it's a lot better to get to this deeper vehicle gameplay than be forced to clear out the spawn of enemy presence (which will invariably be a shallow meatgrinder). The game should have fewer shallow meatgrinders (ie fix biolabs) not more of them.