[Suggestion] Make deployed Sunderer health visible on map screen

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fatal_Finn, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Fatal_Finn

Hello.

I don't know if this has been suggested (many times?) already but here's what I would like to add to the game.

Let players see the health of deployed Sunderer spawn point in map screen. Here's a quick illustration I made with paint:

[IMG]

This way players could see if and how fast the spawnpoint is being ganked.

Pros I could think of:
    • Smaller chance of spawning into a bloodbath where the sunderer is destroyed just after you spawn -> less "Spawnkilling"
    • Allows players to choose if they want to spawn in the heart of action or somewhere else
    • Allows engineers to spawn at damaged Sunderer and probably save it -> might increase the length of fights in heavily contested bases/areas (can be considered as a con as well though).
    Cons:
    • Might decrease the amount of easy Sunderer kills for those who like to hunt them.
    What do you think?
    • Up x 2
  2. Jac70

Yeah, it's a PITA when you spawn on a Sunderer and just as you spawn next to it the bloody thing explodes. Maybe it wouldn't need a health bar, something as simple as a flashing icon for a Sunderer that is under attack would be better than nothing.
    • Up x 2
  3. Noxolan

I think your idea would make sundys a little too difficult to kill. However, I do think that they should have a special "under attack" icon/color that appears for 10 seconds anytime after losing health.
    • Up x 2
  4. Fatal_Finn

Flashing icon is not a bad idea either imo.
    • Up x 1
  5. BlueSkies

I'd settle for deployed sunderers looking different on the mini-map so I don't have to run around 20+ sundies trying to find the deployed one.