[Suggestion] Make Annihilators laser guided like the new AV turret!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fethrion, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Fethrion

Remove the stupid lock-on from these zergfest weapons (possibly from all the other lock-on launchers as well) and replace them with the laser guiding! You can even increase projectile speed while you're at it. It won't make them less powerful, but they'll actually require skill to use, which is a good thing. And they'll still beat the dumbfire ones as far as accuracy goes.
    • Up x 1
  2. TheEvilBlight

Why the heck not? They will get shots off faster than their fire and forget counterparts who have to wait for the lock. But the F&F people can lock, fire quickly and then start reloads immediately, so it's likely the refire rate advantage in terms of average time between firings may slide back to the guided weapons. Annihilators will still be useful against ground vehicles, which can't exactly run.

I feel bad for the G2G missiles, it feels like nobody uses them.

(Give me my Lancer. now)
  3. HamOnRye

You do realize that if they make this change pilots will get zero warning that they about to get a missile in tailpipe? You also won't be dodging this one as the interception path exploit will no longer be viable. In addition flares will no longer be an effective defense against this weapon. Do you really want to improve this weapon?

Becareful what you ask for.
    • Up x 1
  4. UberBonisseur

A semi-lock on would be enough; like keeping your target in a relatively small circle to keep the lock
    • Up x 1
  5. Ayabe

Nope sorry, not until they fix rendering distance as an ESF can go BVR in about 2 seconds.