Make a new server(s) that is subscription based

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brok9000, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Brok9000

I'd go to it in a heart beat. Hell, I'd pay 50$ upfront and a monthly sub (typical 10-15$) for such a server.

The F2P servers have way to many cheaters/exploiters who just abuse the F2P mechanic in many ways.

I want a server that is mostly filled with people who actually play PS2 as it is meant to be played. And where banning a cheater would mean losing an account that was paid for with their cash.

As it is, the prisoners run the prison. A terrible model for a FPS game.
  2. Morro

Sounds like a pretty empty server.
  3. iGamer1990

so basically all the subs get the good servers and us none subscribers get the crappy cheating servers lol alot of us non sub people do actually play PS2 as it is meant to be played. i just think that wouldn't be fair to us but o well just my opinion
  4. Campor

The reason PS1 had so many players as a subscription MMO was that there was no free to play option. Now there is, if they made even one Subscriber only server, you would not have nearly the scale you'd want in this game.
  5. Moxin

50$ monthly, server would not be packed ;) if you can play the game for free on other servers.

But you have a point:

A subscrption based game with a good anti cheat is still prefereable instead of this silly f2p marketing. So far I did avoid any f2p game, Planetside 2 is the first one I played longer than only some days. A good game with a monthly sub is just superior to any f2p.
  6. Brok9000

Well I meant 50$ and say 10-15$ a month. Like I bought the game (50$) and then get a month and etc. Like most subscription based games.

F2P can work but not with the game mechanics they have and I don't see how they can control people who want to screw with people using aim bot programs.

Like you said, a good game with a monthly sub is just better. And for those who can't pay, well yeah, you get stuck with the cheaters (unfortunately). But why punish everyone?

Of course, I can't see it happening. Just wish it would.