Major changes coming to engineer ammo box placing.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ravenorth, May 31, 2014.

1. Ravenorth

If you dont use reddit/twitter then you might want to know that soon engineers will be able to press ability key and toss their ammo box just like you can toss mines and c4. So no more searching for flat ground to correctly deploy your ammo boxes!

Source:
    https://twitter.com/xalorn/status/472517207021215745
    • Up x 4
  2. z1967

Praise the Sun Josh!
  3. eldarfalcongravtank

something battlefield had since 2005 but hey i guess this is still a huge step for planetside2. looking forward to this
  4. Maelthra

Because clearly every game is supposed to automatically have every feature ever implemented by every game that came before them. That's just how games work, right?
    • Up x 1
  5. Halcyon

Great.
    How come they didn't post this in their own forums?

So sick of them only posting game updates on 3rd party social media.
    • Up x 4
  6. PurpleOtter

Basically, it's because the forums are managed by a completely different SOE division, subject to some very strict corporate rules and bureaucracy. They post in third party social media sites to allow them the freedom to interact with the community in such a way to actually be effective, and well, interactive...
    • Up x 2
  7. Maelthra

It will be posted on their forums...when it actually gets implemented into the game (and therefore will be mentioned in patch notes). Surely you don't expect them to make a post on the forums every single time they change anything in their internal build?

Now I'm imagining Muldoon coming on here and making a post about how he changed line of code #1547 in file pancakes.lol or something.
  8. Fenrisk

Now just let us toss beacons and motion sensors down. Better yet let us throw them lol
  9. z1967

It would really be worthless to make an entire post that basically says "oh look, we did this." Generally, you should browse reddit and the forums, Shaql has quite a few informative posts every day about PTS changes.
  10. gigastar

In this one instance, yes.

Why? Because its better.
  11. Elrobochanco

If you post something on official forums, it becomes an official statement from your official position. If Malorn just tweets "Josh got coffee for the team....and also made engineers less sucky to play, yay Josh!" well he hasn't made any promises about when it's going in, or that it's some kind of definite promise. The forum isn't the place for life blogging of being a game dev, it's the place for announced changes that are definitely happening.

But back on topic, yes finally! If they weren't going to do this from the start I don't know why they ever stole it from BF in the first place. I would have taken inventory tetris over staring at feet all the dang time. But glad it's apparently coming, hopefully don't need to wait for a whole engineer update for this quality of life change.
  12. Govedo13

Personally cannot even give a **** about the change, another dumping down useless feature.
    I would be a lot more interested in fixing the frustrating low XP cap on both ammo sundie and packs.
    Even if I get repair XP or kill xp the cap does not reset as promised. I got XP lock EVERYTIME when I use ammo sundie supporting even only 3-5 vehicles same story if I give infantry ammo for my squad.
    Repair sundie is also close to the idiotic ammo cap but still not that bad, I got the XP lock only in huge fights sometimes.

The idiotic caps not only kill my support style play but leaves to extinction of ammo sundies.
    Fix your **** before implementing useless pseudo crunches and dumping down the engineer gameplay so the pseudo PS4 gamers can click on their joysticks.
  13. LT_Latency

Because most people don't sit on ps2 forums every day. Twitter actively messages you the information