[Suggestion] Magrider Needs buffs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meserion, Mar 17, 2017.

1. BartasRS

I dunno. Cloak for Maggie would be little over the top. Providing that fully stealth certed Mag can already easily flank enemy using his mobility that would cause more problems only.

Maybe we could start with some small steps? Smaller COF for Aphelion/Saron or shortening reload time on main gun? IMO second option would be better. Mag is not that bad it just needs little tweaks.
  2. BrbImAFK

I main VS and even I'm opposed to the idea of invisible Maggies that can ignore mines!

That said, I do think it would be awesome if the Magrider got a special ability "Holo-fields". They could have a maximum up-time of 20 seconds, with a 40+ second recharge between uses. The holo-field would spawn two identical Maggies on either side of you which would move through and around you confusing the enemy about which one you are. For best use, activate behind a rock, so the enemy isn't sure which is you at the start.

I think this would be a nice defensive ability, potentially on par with the Vanguards shield, but with a far more VS flavour to it as well!
    • Up x 1
  3. BartasRS

The idea is nice but this is how Decoy Nade should work from the start.
  4. Slip

I primary as a harasser gunner with the halberd anymore because my life long friend / driver and I have gotten bored with pretty much every other aspect of the game. I've auraxied the bulldog (from a battle bus), halberd and Vulcan - I can tell you right now that maggies DO NOT need a buff. The OP needs to get good is all I can say. The magrider is a terrible beast to fight. Some other people went on long winded reasons as to why and pretty much nailed it. It, like the VS ESF are like trying to hit the edge of a piece of paper... it floats, it doesn't react to terrain the same way other vehicles do. A LOT of my shots pass right under or over the thing, at least with a vanguard, I can hit it if I aim down a littte. it can side strafe out of danger, it may be "slow" normally, but all the good maggie drivers use turbo anyway, which makes it way faster. It takes a lot of damage. It can aim way high and way low and the gun moves with the body, no need to drive with one hand while keeping your turret facing sight the other, which is a huge advantage once you get used to it. My driver and I run away when we see magriders for the most part....

And why is DBG always hiring super faction biased people to do game development? And why are they always huge VS fanboy-girls?
    It's BS of the highest order. I thought DBG's would have been better for planetside. How wrong I was.
  5. Tankalishious

Some truth and a metric crap ton of BS.

I am a main mag and harasser driver, and it was the first two things i auraxed, with my regular gunner. We solo and stay out of zergs, and prefer to ambush and stalk enemy zergs.

Ill give you a thumbs up on one thing. The mag is hands down the best harasser hunter. But, therey are very easy way to drop with harasser when done right (fully kitted TR and NC harasser on alt).
    Apart from that, meh.
    The side strafe of mag is close to useless after the inertia nerf. Aim correctly and you will hit the mag every time up to at least 150/200 meters, no matter how much it strafes.
    It can DEFINATELY NOT aim very high or very low(gun elevation/depression). That is the prowlers domain. Also, a magrider must show half their tank to shoot from behind rocks (like other mbt) but it cant go turret down (hiding hull behind low rocks) like the other mbts can do.
    Having a fixed turret has its pros and cons. The pro is that if you are CQ circled by a harasser, you can JUUUUST (and just barely) keep up with it with aim on harasser as long as you reacted fast enough and turn the right way. If you dont react fast enough and correct to get nose on harasser, you are guaranteed dead as a solo tanker and most likely as a 2/2 unless the harasser crew sucks donkeyballs. . The other MBTs have so fast turret rotation that they easily keep aim on the harasser. A good tanker will rotate their rear away from harasser simultaneously while keeping aim on harasser.
    • Up x 1
  6. Direlithe

Mag should have shadow clone ability instead. That's all what's missing as being the ninja of the 3 MBTs.
  7. VeryCoolMiller

let's give to the magrider a portable orbital strike !
    • Up x 1
  8. asmodraxus

Ditch the inertia nerf on the mag. Wait for data and adjust up or down accordingly.

Then.

Increase strafe speed on the mag. Wait for data and adjust up or down accordingly.

Make small changes, never huge and lets say nerfing the mags shell velocity, strafe speed, adding inertia, lowering the mags speed and angle of terrain it could move over and increasing projectile speed on Prowler and Vanguard all at once was never a good idea (see GU2 and the gutting of the Magrider and the changes made to it once Higby was told to get in one and see how "effective" they actually were).
  9. Ginger_Raab

This is why Vanu doesn't have the population. When guys (a good percentage of your players) start the game they come in and say hmmm I don't want to be purple so you lose a large portion of your cannon fodder right there and the people that semi stick with the game just don't change faction later.
  10. VeryCoolMiller

you should play a maxed prowler 2 weeks and then **** ... mag is fine... and is going to be buffed because game designer doesn't play the game but waste his time on an excel sheet with ttk columns
  11. LordKrelas

You mean make the Magrider like aircraft? So it can become literally unpredictable for the opponent?
    Beyond lacking Z axis control, a magrider already can move in any direction on the X & Y axis without any delay.
    Every other tank has a delay created by turning, with visual sign of what two singular directions are possible.
    The Magrider has no indication, and can travel in any specific direction or set of directions at once.

Increasing the speed of this capability, makes the magrider even harder to predict let alone hit.
    Magriders have crap drop yes, but if they had the range, a Magrider would abuse the ability to literally dance around unpredictably at a distance while having predictable targets.

This doesn't account for the power of flanking, terrain dominance, Speed-boost ability, and the capability to easily put a tank where no one else can, without external help.
  12. Icehole1999

Out of all MBTs I would say the Magrider, due to its superior maneuverability, would be last in line for a buff. The OP should try a Lightning. Slow, weak, like riding an elephant that the circus sold off because it was too old with a Daisy Red Rider on its head.
  13. Tankalishious

Well, i HAVE a maxed prowler. Even maxed reload speeds.
    Full racer, stealth and anchor mode. Its a AB...SOLUTE..... BEAST!

I have TONS more dps than a vanguard and can easily facetank one(anchor down and hammer away) and burn through its shield and all with pure dps (provided my 2nd goes repair mode), i can hold down alleys and valleys anchored, and retreat and reposition when pressured. I have the fastest MBT on the map and can flank easily. The speed helps me climb a ton of obstacles and mountains, and the chassis turn speed helps if caught in the rear.
    The prowler is a certified farming machine, a cert-god!
    If you cant make a prowler work in almost any condition, you are simply a bad tanker.
  14. Tankalishious

A straight out lie.
    Magrider had its inertia nerfed to the ground. The Velocity buff the MBTs got made it worse.
    Unless you are a hybrid between muhammad Ali and Stevie Wonder, any half ***** tanker should hit a stationary magrider EVERY TIME up to 250 meters MINIMUM. And you can do it with high velocity AP rounds that gives you minimal drop. The magrider has to aim for one of auraxis moons to hit anything over 350 meters due to much lower velocity
  15. LordKrelas

No delay from needing to turn the entire tank chassis to that new direction. Dear lord, that should be obvious given the full post.

Stationary? What ******* magrider pilots do you fight if they stay still in combat?
    A intelligent magrider pilot never stops bloody moving in combat, just like infantry engaging snipers, or being engaged by them.

Like dear lord.
    Magrider can move without exposing their larger side armor, which is also curved making it less surface area as well compared to the other tanks.
    That inertia ain't much when you can move in any direction with the least surface area exposed and no rotation to give away your exact course.

Do you understand the basic concept now?
    • Up x 1
  16. ListenTourBalls

I'm just a lowly noob but my perspective is that the mobility advantage of the Magruder is hard to quantify. In my inexperience, most of the time I lose mbt to mbt against a Magruder I attribute it to the mobility.