Magrider GU7 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cortosis, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Cortosis

• Increased Magrider base strafe acceleration rate.
    • Increases top speed to 20 KPH (up from 15)
    • Takes 2 seconds to reach 20 KPH (down from taking 3 seconds to reach 15)
    • This should also cause the Magrider to not slow down as drastically when strafing over small inclines.
    I think they are going in the right direction with the magrider by buffing its ability to dodge.
  2. Rebornvanu

The change are nesserary, but we need a general buff for tanks. With that mobility buffs maybe we have more change to survive the rocket inferno as the other MBTs.
  3. Spartan 117

As someone who already hates Magriders, I think this was a necessary change. They needed more maneuverability.
  4. Cortosis

yea same here i am really glad to see this over a firepower buff,
  5. sindz

maneuverability doesnt help much when every player has lock on (TR) and non rendering rockets (NC)
  6. Cortosis

I have found i can deal with lock ons even with just having magburner. My mine problem is av turrets hopefully with this buff i can actually dodge them now
  7. WetPatch

Now if they give us a AP cannon velocity buff, and fix the Magburner to be actually half way useful then i will be a happy man.
  8. Spartan 117

Yeah, not much can be done about Strikers. I have given up entirely on pulling vehicles. In the event that I pull a reaver I just use it to get from A to B & eject. As a excessive Pheonix user, trust me this is going to help VS alot. I've had dozens of Mags dodge my rockets because they are constantly mobile.
  9. Cortosis

Magburner is actually really good atm just people aint using it right i win 90% of my tank battles because of it and get out of alot of situations where i should of died with it.
  10. Eclipson

Buff to an already really good tank, ah well. The only tank that needs a buff is the vanguard.
  11. WetPatch

Yeah good 1v1 with a tank, but thats it. You burn so your behind him and hes got a friend your dead.
  12. Shinrah

If tanks were my concern these days I would use the Magburner again, but before I get to engage one enemy tank I have to pass through a steelstorm first. So I stopped using the Magburner and certed max LvL IR Smoke, helps to have something to annoy Striker users every 15 seconds:>
  13. buff as hell irl

Just use smoke, you guys. I'm almost completely sure I've never been killed by lock-on weapons in my Magrider, and generally prefer to go up against TR with Strikers because they just stare at you dumbly, begging for FPC or Halberd rockets to the face.

To the Devs: While I appreciate the enhanced maneuverability, the Vanguard could use some love.

edit ^ whoaa, same av, same post content
  14. Zagz

It's a good change and I agree that Mags needed some loving. Let's see how this all works out in a few days or weeks.
  15. C0L0NELH0GAN

16. innersphere1

We all know magriders has the worst armor, so having the best speed why not? Theres a place on indar dont remember where, i can use the hill and magburner to jump on an air landing pad. I could jump on buildings using rocks, hills.. now i wonder where i can fly with it X)
  17. Chiss

Was already the best tank, now its even better. Yawn.

I don't mind if it has good maneuverability, but you need to lower its health.
  18. Barosar

it is a good idea. Now with all the AV tools available and dwindling armor populations. All tanks could use some extra armor/health so they can live long enough to accomplish something.