Lynx soft ammo

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Chopptimus, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Chopptimus

The lynx is absurdly good with advanced laser sight but is soft ammo worth it?

I heard it reduces damage at close ranges.
  2. Katanaa

cant see why it should make less damage at short range, anyone know if this is based on anything real or just a made up curve they've got?

here is some images that you can use as range-reference. taken at 5, 10, 25, 50m away from the doorway.
    http://imgur.com/a/l7272
  3. Chopptimus

That reddit thread that compared ttk (not very well it must be said) for all the weapons in the game quoted soft point ammo as a damage nerf for very close range. I dont know where that person got that data from but i presume he took it from game files.
  4. Katanaa

They've really gotta give us more data about the ingame-stuff we buy. It sucks that we really have to guess what the different weapon-addons do to our damage and other stats. I mean.. increase the dmg at medium range, what happens at close range? what is considered medium range? how much will the damage increase/decrease?
  5. FieserMoep

Well, I use the Lynx with Soft Point and I believe it is an improvement, though I have no Data to back this up.