Lumifiber trim VS letdown

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MNO, Apr 24, 2013.

1. MNO

I was excited for the Lumifiber trim, as it looked pretty cool (don't bother with the, HURRR BUT YOU'LL BE EASIER TO SPOT, i realise this).

For example, heres the Mozzy with Lumi:

http://imgur.com/iJzR0Ie&MV3Poko&ZsUb8wL&wPa2yeg&gtWJcA5&2id5Z0f&Neyt2W1&QUSz0Mg#4

The scythes Lumi... all you get is one strip on either side of the tail that stretches almost 50% of the ship, and a tiny line on the bottom that is mostly hidden by the front gun. What the **** yo? What about the OTHER half of the ship?
  2. Phazaar

I suppose that's what you get for having the tiniest model for an aircraft :)
  3. Konfuzfanten

and the colour is waaay of. Its should be purple, not teal!
  4. IamSalvation

yo know this TR aircarft named Mosquito?
    • Up x 6
  5. TintaBux

It should be teal.

• Up x 2
  6. MNO

Should it?

Lets see....

A TR character puts on a digital camo, and the primary colour is red. Red is their highlight colour.

An NC character puts on a digital camo, and their primary colour is blue. Blue is their highlight colour.

A VS character puts on a digital camo, and their primary colour is purple. Purple is _________________

Fill in the blanks

So despite this... Mosquitos trim is RED. Reavers trim is YELLOW, and VS trim is TEAL? - There is no "should be" about it, because it fits no pattern, it's a design decision that went the wrong way.

At the end of the day, VS are known for the Purple, so it makes absolute sense that an item that is visually significant like this (and costs 750SC) is also purple, as opposed to this vomit colour that's being pushed onto VS more and more.
  7. Konfuzfanten

Your rational argument, shames me greatly.

Ohh and it should be purple :p
  8. TintaBux

"Ever since PS1, teal has been the vanu 'highlight colour'. Its always teal that is the trim, so the lights make sense that they are teal, not purple. Purple is the colour of the vehicle, of armour, its the "base" colour. Teal is the highlight trim, and thats why teal is the light colour.

Also, its teal that trims all the helmets, especially the new ones;"

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. Konfuzfanten

Girls are win, no way around it.

And even better arguement for playing Vanu: we got the girls!
  10. AVGamer

GOD DAMMIT SOE. THIS IS ********. I hear that the mosquito lumifibre is badass so i rush to buy the vs scythe one and find it absolutely ****. NOT ONLY DOES IT NOT SHOW UP ON THE PREVIEW, BUT IT TAKES THE PLACE OF MY FINS. When i was buying it i actually thought it was a camo at first. This had soooo much potential to be badass. I imagined a thick strip running down the ENTIRE side of my scythe, Lights upon the fins (which i cant even equip) even lights upon the default ones, and strips around the cockpit. What do i get?? NONE OF THAT!!!! The liberators, galaxies and mosquitos look badass, why must the scythe be so crap. I love teal as a highlight colour and it fits, and having studied art i know that teal is analogous towards purple and they are a great colour combination. SO **** ALL WHO WANT PURPLE. Not only does it not fit tron but it would look ugly. back to point..... If i don't see an update of this cosmetic i will demand a refund. All i want is more detail and work put into it and for it to posible replace my decal instead of fins. It's almost as if they finished the mosquito and put a child to finish the rest of the esfs. Also on a side note nerf bursters they are broken. They should be less effective then a skyguard but in fact they are way better and can camp in a spawn room!!!
  11. AVGamer

Just to highlight the colors are from tron and there is no purple highlight anywhere in the tron universe. Just red, yellow and teal. SO IT MAKES SENSE AS WELL THAT VANU JUST HAPPENS TO HAVE TEAL AS ITS HIGHLIGHT COLOUR SO ****.
  12. MNO

What has Tron got to do with Planetside exactly?

Last I checked it said "Lumifiber Trim" not "Tron Lights"

P.s calm down before you give yourself a heart attack
    • Up x 1
  13. FnkyTwn

TEAL SUCKS
    • Up x 2
  14. Shinrah

There have been enough threads, with pictures etc. included that proof that the Scythe, at the very least, has the same mass as a Reaver. Alpha times are over.
  15. ClickMe

Educate yourself #1

Educate yourself #2
  16. Shinrah

Like I said, this isn´t alpha anymore. If you´d bothered to check more than just the shiny 3d pics you´d have noticed that theres alot of controversy there wether those measurements are accurate. For example in a dogfight I find it alwas easier to hit Scythe´s due to the fact that I often get to shoot them from below or above where they have a huge profile. Reaver´s dogfight hitzones are kinda similiar difficultywise, while the Mossie is the most annoying due to being long and thin.

Also here: Show´s that all ESF´s are pretty equal.
  17. ClickMe

Which is why good scythe pilots keep at a distance always facing their enemy.
  18. Worxe

the reaver is a fridge with wings..

scythe has holes and **** in it, dont have enough fingers to count the times my dumbfire missile, a chunk of vortek rounds or (oddly) AH spread has gone through that annoying 'fork' gap.
  19. Rhiaci

TR Main: Black, TR Highlight: Red
    NC Main: Blue, NC Highlight: Yellow
    VS Main: Purple, VS Highlight: Teal
  20. Crazy Airborne