Lower Windowed Resolution

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MajiinBuu, Nov 1, 2014.

1. MajiinBuu

My normal screen resolution is 1366 x 768.
    Ever since I tweaked the in-game fullscreen resolution to 800x600 a few months ago, my fps has constantly been close to 30 (which is a lot for me).
    I heard that using "Fullscreen Windowed" mode can reduce a lot of CTDs, but when I change to fullscreen windowed the resolution changes to 1366 x 768, which harshly lowers my framerate.
    Is there a way to make it so Fullscreen Windowed mode covers the whole screen while keeping 800 x 600?
    PS: I have OCD, there is no way I can play while If I can see my desktop background, it is important that the PS2 border covers the whole screen. I don't mind stretching.
  2. Hank

fullscreen windowed uses whatever resolution your monitor is set at, if you set your monitor to 800 x 600, boy will that mess up your icons..that will be what the game uses. fullscreen windowed uses the entire screen, windowed leaves borders.
  3. MajiinBuu

Regular fullscreen mode works fine with 800 x 600, is there a way to make fullscreen windowed work the same way?
  4. Hank

I dont see a way, i tried changing the values in the .ini file, it still ran at my monitor setting.