Lower the price of 1000 cert max/infantry weapons to 750-800 certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorianOmega, May 21, 2015.

1. DorianOmega

Seeing as how the majortity of infantry weapons got price hikes in the recent patch, lower tier weapons getting hit the hardest, 1000 cert weapons should be lowered in price capping off at 750-800 certs to compensate for said price hike.

What do you think forumside?
    • Up x 1
  2. agentpuhpul

lmao first of all i love your sig :p

but anyways while I do see why a lot of players are annoyed at the cert price hike, I can understand why daybreak is doing this... I mean planetside for a long time wasn't profitable (still isnt?) and I guess as a company they need to make MONEY. I mean how else are they gonna pay their developers...

Now, HOW they make their money is a different thing... I think instead of hiking up the prices, what they could have done was add MORE value to membership subscriptions, add MORE guns and weapons, add more cert sinks. For example, instead of having 5 weapons all 800 certs, i'd rather see a pool of 20 weapons at 300 certs. You get the concept.
  3. Ballto21

raise max weapon prices to 2500 across the board. less effective maxes can only be good if they arent going to directly fix the spam ability
  4. Peebuddy

I'm thankful they just left the max price of stuff at 1,000

Be lucky with that
    • Up x 1
  5. prodo123

I agree. Some of those weapons need to stay at 1k (e.g. SMGs). They however need to roll back prices to how they were.

OP, your idea would kinda muddle the tiered progression of weapons in the game. LMGs, for example, become more and more advanced as the cert costs increase, offering perks like small CoF with same TTK but also bringing with it downsides (right bias in recoil). However, more certs mean you have that much more experience with the game, so it makes sense for you to get a better gun for more certs as you get better and learn to control recoil.

Other guns are flat-out upgrades over the other. Parallax, RAMS and EM4/Railjack are good examples of this. The price in this case obviously needs to be fixed at a higher point than the other weapons of its class.

The issue with the new pricing is not for the more experienced players with certs to spend on high-tier weapons. The problem is that it forces new players to grind more for a gun that can't perform its money's worth. It encourages pay-to-win in that people with DB Cash have access to these often superior weapons which other F2P new players can't get a hold of.
    • Up x 3
  6. DorianOmega

Problem with the current price changes is that the tiered progression of weapons has already been muddled with bottom and mid tier weapons being priced as high as top tier weapons when they clearly don't preform anywhere near the same as top tier weapons (e.g falcons=ravens? based on cert cost), not to mention these price changes are more of a price hike with very little to offset such blatantly higher prices.

IMO lowering the 1000 cert weapons a bit would be a good trade off in recognizing that ALL weapons on the lower end of the cert price range have only gone up. Plus 750-800 certs is still A LOT, well within the end game tier of price ranges.
  7. prodo123

That's why I said DBG should roll back prices to how they were.

You're right in that the price changes were price hikes. Then, however, it makes more sense to do the exact opposite of what you suggest: increase prices on the 1k cert weapons to maintain the hierarchy.

It doesn't matter if the cheap stuff got more expensive. Under no context does it make sense to make one of the "endgame" factors of the game easier to attain.

And just for the record, Falcons have a faster TTK than Ravens. If you're killing stationary vehicles they are second to none.
  8. RadarX

We certainly appreciate the feedback. Price changes were done in order to bring equipment pricing more to a happy medium and reduce inconsistency. While we obviously respect some of you disagree we believe this is a step in the right direction to providing a better ongoing experience for new and somewhat new players.
    • Up x 1
  9. Elrobochanco

Radar I appreciate the tough position you are in to make these sound good. And in many cases it's not really much of a change. But the cert pricing changes for AA related weapons (primarily the G2A launcher) really hurt new players. They can no longer be expected to have any strong deterrent to what can be perceived as the most powerful weapons platforms in the game.

There is a very real possibility that PS4 launch will be marred by the same rocketpodding/Lib spamming that PC launch did. I get that the intention might be for those players to drop cash on the item instead. But I doubt that the few that do would balance out the retention damage even a few cash spending pilots will be able to cause.

At the very least it shows the need for "basic role" versions of items to be available cheaper. There is no nanite-free air deterrent without spending money. Something like a default launcher 300 cert unlock to give it limited tracking (limited range/time or turn speed) would go a long way to help newbies not have to wait 6 levels before they can stop being pounded into dust. If they even stick around that long.
    • Up x 12
  10. prodo123

How in the world does making the GD-22S cost 325 certs help new players?
    • Up x 8
  11. Yuki10

So let's get a count here -

1) Are you happy with new prices?
    - me: NO

2) Was your experience improved with new pricing?

- me: NO
    • Up x 10
  12. Dgross

How is grinding for even more certs to buy weapons at nearly 1,000 a pop providing even a remotely adequate experience for new players?
    All they will get out of planetside is its either grind hard or cough up some cash if you want upgrades.
    That's not a step in the right direction. That's not even the same person doing the walking.

Why can't DBG go with a low cost high volume model?
    Games like Candy Crush make truckloads of cash by offering sub $5 purchases which cater to impulse buyers.

The recent patch dropped most cash costs by a dollar or two.
    This is barely any change from what we have been experiencing the last 2 years.

You guys got it right with the camo. Dropping it from $5 was the right move for a purely cosmetic item.
    For items like guns that directly influence gameplay, this change needs to follow suit.

I can honestly say that guns priced at 7$ instead of $10 does not entice me.
    If it was $5 or lower I would gobble up new weapons, and your cash flow would go up.

Just feels like you guys are wallet gouging especially with hiking up the cert prices, even after you said that most prices would be going down.
  13. Colinljx

Agree with you on the G2A launcher. That thing is essential for basic anti-air duty and hardly worth eight hundred cert in terms of effectiveness (deals only half of its damage to air due to being "lock-on" weapon, hence only useful against lone ESF, but powerless if not used in group). The PS4 launch is bound to have a bunch of pilots playing air-god farming/abusing the hell of new players like the PC release, and newbies are not gonna stay and wait for things to get better for them when they ran out of resources to pull plane (which will most likely be blasted within a few minutes) or max (deter but not kill air).
  14. BloodyG

Revert the prices to how they were, you wont make more money with this changes the High BR players have already everything anyway and new players will have an even worse experience then they already had... ergo, they wont stay long.

To top it of the starter quiz was removed to, so they can't even get a shotgun now.

Edit: oh and drop the DC/SC prices for guns and maybe that would bring in more money then the current 7€ per weapon...
    • Up x 1
  15. Ogopogo

While I can understand the intent, this isn't going to help at all. I mentioned in another thread, but new VS and TR infiltrators (going by how common bolt-actions are compared to semi-autos) are going to suffer as a result of the cert changes. Similiarly, as other people have mentioned, the AA launcher is another very obvious issue. And not to mention a whole host of other new palyer weapon issues.
  16. TheFlyingSalmon

Sorry RadarX, but this time the amount of bullshiit is too large to ignore it.
    • as always the "appreciate the feedback"...no you don´t. You say "we are right" even if you are obviously wrong. Be at least honest and say "we don´t give a shiit". Name an idea that the players made on your changes that you worked into the plan. How often did this happen? Once, twice...out of hundreds decisions? How many times did I predict the horrible outcome of your changes...you ignore it every single time.
    • "bring...to a happy medium and reduce inconsistency"?? What the fuuck? You just raised the shiit out of the prices with no system AT ALL.
    • "we...respect some of you disagree"? Please change this phrase to "most of you disagree, but we don´t give a shiit".
    • "to providing a better ongoing experience for new...players"...W H A T ? Why? How? What the fuuck?? Sorry RadarX I´m not a person that insults others but this comment is total bullshiit. How do you think you "provide a better ongoing experience"? Well let´s see, we raise the price of this, and this, and this...new players will love it how they are unable to get diversity in their weaponry. Explain it.
    You should ignore such threads like you always do. No offense, but this one is hilarious.
    • Up x 10
  17. KuraiSim

fixed

Sorry but really thats what Im getting here. Because with stuff costing under 1k certs, the cert to DBC ratio wasnt 10:7, which is the case for 1k cert weps. So instead of decreasing the DBC prices to match the certs, you increased the cert prices to match the DBC.

Before this patch this WAS my plan. Use DBC to buy some of the 1k cert weps that I wanted and grind for certs to buy the stuff that costed less than 1k certs. The reason why I would grind certs for the stuff that costed less than 1k certs is because of 2 reasons:
    1. The amount of certs needed wasn't so bad.
    2. The cert to DBC ratio was off for them so that it would cost more DBC than certs for many weps.

Well now those 2 reasons are gone cause cert prices went up and now the cert to DBC ratio is now balanced...in the worst way.

Now heres my NEW plan. Don't play PS2 and play a new game *looks at the Witcher*
    • Up x 5
  18. Thunde333

They only need to lower the price for some weapons. All high dmg weapons should cost 1k Certs, but low dmg weapons should cost 400-500 Certs . Not less than that because they need money and if peoples dont want to grind they can buy a membership or buy the weapon with DBC. But if the weapon cost 1k cert the DBC cost should be 800. And 400-500 weapons should cost 250-300 DBC.
  19. Ballto21

No and no here too.

Honestly, i was prepared and expecting maybe a 50-100 cert increase on some weapons, thats sensible, and could work nicely. But double, nearly triple on almost all weapons not 1000 certs? The only things id say thats good on are vehicles and max weapons to help cut down on spam
  20. BloodyG

The DBC prices are to high as they are and you want them even higher?

Nobody is going to buy them and they wont get any money... if the prices are lower people are more inclined to spend cash then seeing they have to pay 7 or how you suggest 8€ for a weapon.