Low fps in lange battles

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Toxicmix1, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Toxicmix1

Hey guys.

Just want to know something, is that normal to have extremely low fps in large battles? I mean, my pc in not top of the line, but still pumps alot of gaming juice. To be honest i thing i have decent specs, im very dissapointed that in large battles my fps can go all the way down to 30´s, depending on how intensive the batlle is.

Here are my specs:

Custom watercooled loop
    3570k at 4.7ghz 1.35v delided.... temps never go above 55c in any benchmark or gaming or wathever
    maximus V gene
    2x8gb trident X 2400mhz cl10
    Asus 7970DCII top at 1200mhz.......temps never go above 60c in any benchmark or game
    XFX 750W black edition

Game is running in ssd

Those are the main specs, is weird to be honest, i play any other game without problems, is this a user error "my fault" or is just the game that is to heavy? Like i said before, my computer is not brand new anymore, but is still decent, i was actually waiting for the next gen 14nm gpu´s to upgrade.

My cpu also still scores pretty high in any benchmark, i dont really understand what botleneck i have to go all the way down to 30´s.

Appreciated any help guys.....thanks :)
  2. user101

This may not be your PC it may be a router problem. I use a low end netgear router and PS2 some times over loads the DoS in the router from all the incomming packets from bullets. If your router stalls so does your frame rate. If you want to test this in your router clear the logs and just turn on the DoS only log and look for errors in the log in the router after PS2 play. If you have DoS errors in the log you will have to turn the DoS off in the router.

There is no standard for DoS in the PC world... Never run logs in a router either it take a lot of router time just processing logs and errors. I doubled the speed of the router by turning all the stuff off.
  3. Pfundi

Would you honor us with your UserOptions.ini? Thats a file in the games main folder and it can be opened with a text editor. Then you copy everything and paste it here. At the moment I dont know if youre playing at 4k ultra or 720p low.
    Your specs shouldnt be a problem when there isnt a program open in the background (e.g. screen recording software).
    You network isnt the issue as well when the problem are only FPS drops.
    Oh and whilst Im at it. Youre telling me your 7970 runs at 1.2 GHz?
  4. Lord_Mogul

Totally!
    Disable shadows, fog shadows and ambient occlusion. That should help quite a bit.
    Also take a look at your CPU and graphics card usage while running the game.
    With the system in my sig, I can mostly sustain over 50 fps even in large fights.

I see over 90% cpu usage on some time. and dips in the 30's aswell, but mostly after my session ran for like 5 hrs.
    Why not, my GTX 660 Ti is running at 1,2 GHz aswell.
  5. Pfundi

Well yours is an nVidia card. 1.2 GHz are quite normal (low for todays cards). But for an "old" 7970 thats rather impressive. For comparison, a R9 290 has a frequency of .9 GHz, a R9 390 at 1.0 GHz.
    The R9 280X (which is basically a 7970 on speed) runs at .85 GHz
    They even released a special overclocked 7970 Gigahertz running at 1.1 GHz . So 1.2 GHz is goddamn fast.