Low CPU/GPU usage and Low Frames

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fightar, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Believer

Your honour, if it please the court...
    The idea that the game "doesn't scale at all with hardware" carries damning implications. It implies some form of throttling is happening, and it needs to be qualified with evidence, because if you are right, surely the entire community should be made aware. Am I being unreasonable here?
  2. Blitzkrieg

We know the game isn't optimized and there are problems, due to them wanting to cater to the people who don't play PC games much and just play on their Xbox with designing it around DX9. But I will say, every one who is trying to compare it to Battlefield 3 or Cod saying how it runs fine in those games with great fps and looks better, should stop talking, just stop writing and log out of the forum for a while. Because this game requires a better system for starters, secondly those games are made around 32 players on a map, not 2000 people on map, where you can get fights of 400-500 people. To even make that work in an FPS is pretty astounding. So think before arm flailing at your keyboard.

As I said before this game really needs to be optimized though. Needs quite a bit of work and preferably going to DX11!
  3. Soeh

Okay here is some scientific proof for you:
    I had:
    Intel core i5 (Ivy Bridge) 3,4ghz
    8gig ram
    game installed on ssd disk
    MSI GTX660Ti OC 2GB
    25fps in those real big fights with everything on medium quality.
    --------
    Now, after overclocking to 4,2ghz.
    I never go below 45 fps in those fights with EVERYTHING on MAX SETTINGS.
    and any of the four cores never go above 40%

Therefore we can conclude that the game is very poorly optimized.
    /thread
  4. tralalog

if i run low settings i get a cpu bottleneck of 25fps average. if i run max settings i get a gpu bottleneck of 25fps average. sadly theres no middle ground there
  5. Uberplatypus

They released this game WAY too early. One look at the forums proves that. I get 50 FPS consistantly, but every 10 seconds it will drop to 5 - 10 FPS for about 3 seconds, then go back up. My CPU usage is only at 35%...
  6. Promac

The problems most of us are having with performance are only since the live launch. I had very minimal FPS problems in beta. Without changing any hardware or software the game went from a very playable beta to a completely unplayable live client. The problem is NOT our hardware. It's the live client. You need to stop muddying up posts about the issue with your own personal idea of what's causing it. It is not hardware. It is not unrealistic expectations. It's the current ps2 client. Nothing else.
  7. Blitzkrieg

You really don't understand what I'm talking about. I never once mentioned anything about hardware. Don't try to create an argument that's not there.
  8. Cydious

Hi,

I've got a powerfull Pc:

I7 3770k @ 4.4ghz
    Nvidia gtx 680
    8go ram
    New beta drivers

But i've got the issue,

my gpu charge is only at 15% / cpu at 30% with 2 to 20 FPS when there's some players on screen.

With nobody on screen my gpu goes 70% with fps at 70!!!

Where's the logique in this, when i have no FPs issue when's playing beta.
  9. Cydious

When alt+F for fps monitoring, i saw to fps monitoring mode "cpu" and sometimes switch to "gpu"

when switching on "gpu" i saw a boost in fps performance, is it link?

Somebody know the difference between FPs "cpu" or "gpu"??
  10. Zenox

Your comments would make an idiot sound intelligent. Well as long as your hardware works perfectly then we can ignore all the other thousands of people, well done!

If promises were made and money was handed over people have every right to complain and you telling them not to is about a self centred as it gets.
  11. Cydious

the monitoring FPS "cpu" "gpu" indicate the fps hardware limitor

Jezz an ivybridge cpu at 4.4GHZ and not still enought to have higher fps than 15FPS!!!! terrible
  12. deckr0m

This is not a gamer's game.
    Their target audience are the people that play Sims & Farmville, this is evidenced by the awful optimization.
    A 2012 high powered PC has the same performance as a 2005 mid range PC due to this game being designed for DX9 & 32-bit. Pfft, The 2005 PC probably runs it better at this point.
    Goodbye ps2
    • Up x 1
  13. Believer

I'm not sure why some people feel it necessary to make things personal, but I'll submit.

I simply see your class of person as that which I want out of the community, your class of person tends to bully out quality people. I've seen it over and over in f2p mmos, and I'm just trying to do my part to avoid it, always blaming the ghost in the machine based on fragments of knowledge, never taking responsibility for your own actions.

It's common not only in here, but also out in the world, and it exemplifies all that is wrong with our species. Its cowardly, lazy, and very primitive.

YOU are the problem, not the game, not your hardware, YOU. Complaining is useful when its respectful. What these threads saturated with is not useful.
  14. Zenox

System requirements as stated by them:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/quick-note-on-optimization.49152/

Most of the people on this thread meet the recommended system requirement or beat it much like myself.

Poor performance/optimisation from the horses mouth:

http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35012/p/5833

As you can see they have acknowledged the problem and have given some vague answer about it. The fact is there is an awful lot of us who have been saying about the odd performance problems for months before release so it should be no great shock to them that now the game has come out there are more than a few disenfranchised people complaining about it on the forum, after all it was their decision to rush the game out.

The funny thing is even now that you've been proven to be incorrect you still haven't just owned up and apologised. Instead you persist now on this bizarre notion that these people are some how a detractor to the game/community. Well I think it's fairly evident by your lone voice in this thread that you are in fact the detractor. Therefore next time before you post the; "it works great on my rig now shut the F-up" you educate yourself on the problem first before posting.
  15. Power12

Just to let everyone know I have no prob running the game it is smooth for me

My specs o try to keep your systems clean also.

[System Specs]

MOTHERBOARD INFORMATION
    Manufacturer:ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    Model:MAXIMUS V GENE 1.XX
    Bios:1204

PROCESSOR INFORMATION
    Manufacturer:Intel
    Model:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (Not OverClocked)

System RAM
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8.2 GB (Not OverClocked)
    DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Timing 9-9-9-24
    Cas Latency 9
    Voltage 1.5V

GRAPHICS INFORMATION
    Graphics Product:[1]NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (Not OverClocked)
    Video Memory:3.9 GB
    Driver Version:9.18.13.697 (No Beta)

Operating System (O/S)
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (64-bit) (Clean Install)

System Maintenance
    (Cleaned up every Week) Virus,Spyware and Mailware Free.

[End of system Specs]

[How Does Software program Run]

Program
    PlanetSide 2 PC Game

Runs
    Smooth No Prob

[End of Software program run]
  16. XxAirborn3xX

BEST THREAD EVER. Soo im not the only one haha. Wish Devs would see this damn thread?
  17. Believer

I must have missed that part. Please send me a private message explaining regarding this, as I am sincerely interested!
  18. Cydious

Hi,

If it's true, why when in beta, all run smooths with a lot of people on screen??

Now fps is going to 70 > 5 when there's more than 20 peoples?? semms strange?
  19. Promac

You clearly don't understand your own posts then: ". Because this game requires a better system for starters"
  20. Atomicus

Yeah, despite these optimizations issues,I don't mean to insult SOE and their brilliant team working on Planetside 2. It's honestly one of the most addictive, amazing, and intense free to play games I'ver ever experienced!

It's just sad when you want to play a game so bad but dread the very experience due to framerate issues. I am going to get a 7750 HD graphics card at Christmas, hopefully, but it may STILL not be enough! My friends keep inviting me to play and asking me to play with them but I tell them I don't want to play that "laggy piece of ****". Is that really a good thing for a customer to say about your game, SOE? I think not!

Anyway, thanks for this discussion guys. I am going to try a few things. I might turn PS2's process priority higher and see what happens! I might even go tweak view distance in the game's files and see if that helps. It just find it odd that home base runs really well then suddenly it runs badly in battle... even IF there is a lot of players at home base!