Love the New Bolt Precision Pro!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nephi1im, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Nephi1im

So, I think this thing is great. Yea, it doesn't have a gimmick, but I can honestly say, in its current form, I'd take it 100% over the other two. Couple of observations:

1) Everyone talks about the chamber time, but I'd like to see some real testing. Anecdotal shooting and reloading tells me "there's no way this thing takes twice as long as the longshot", but I honestly don't know. Also, has any of the official info said something like "Rail gun, super slow, but fast/hard hitting"? If not, I'm wondering if maybe it's listed wrong or whatever.

2) There seems to be an issue at closer range. In the 100m or so area it seems like the characteristic bullet sort of arcing up as it comes out actually affects aim. I was tinkering in VR, and if i aimed at the top half of the head within a certain distance, the bullet would actually miss high. I tried it about 20 times, and I could make it miss with a head in my sights consistently.

Otherwise, I LOVE it. I was pretty whatever about the shotgun, and had pretty much resigned myself to it being something I could auraxium without a lot of pain. Now, it actually feels like something special and unique. Again, not sure how the rechamber thing will play out, but I'm feeling like, if slower, it should be like 1-1.2 seconds. SLower than the standard, but not half the speed. Hopefully the sound will be epic, and I can't wait to try it with attachments!
    • Up x 3
  2. ISKNausicaa

The rechamber stat for the longshot is wrong, if its rechamber time was accurate (0.855) it would rechamber faster than the SAS-R close range sniper (1.2) which it clearly doesnt (this isnt factoring in scope out scope in speed which adds around a second to every BASRs rechamber speed).

Its rechamber stat is actually 1.6, identical to all the other BASRs incuding the precision pro

Yeh that is weird, something similar used to happen with the old rifles when angling downward.

The Precsion Pro has an identical rechamber speed to every other long range BASR, the only thing that changes this is the straight pull attachment, which removes the scope out scope in time.

The new rifles will be getting attachments, it is very possible that this new BASR will be getting the straight pull as well.
    • Up x 2
  3. D-Spirith

Im really happy the shotgun mode was removed.
    • Up x 3
  4. Torok

Ya me too.
    Can't wait to have it fully functional with optics, proper name and tooltip, and ofcourse animation and sounds.
  5. JesNC

I still think it's bloody boring now.

Perhaps it's better than the BASRs we have now. But I didn't want better. I can hit and kill a moving target from 300m just fine, I don't need better. I wanted something different.

And we were promised something different. Something empire-specific. Not some VS ripoff that's going to get nerfed anyway. Because people will complain about hitscan OHKs.

So yeah, have fun while it lasts. I'll be saving my certs/SC for something worthwhile.
    • Up x 3
  6. NinjaTurtle

I quite like the idea of SOE following the bird of prey naming of other NC weapons

LA13 Harrier
    LA 15 Buzzard
    NC05 Peregrine
    NC08 Osprey

Or for something more exotic the NC11 Valkyrie :D

Also I assumed it had no sound because it had an inbuilt suppressor... :D I must admit that did seem a little OP now I think of it
  7. gnometheft

I completely agree. I love the thing. it fits an NC appropriate niche, and feels/looks bad ***. thank you devs!
  8. Frosty The Pyro

birds of prey are for NC rockets and missiles, not their bullet projectile weapons. Admitidly I am not too fond of bolt precision pro as a name.
  9. NinjaTurtle

I am now sad :(
  10. Jeralamo

So far I think this thing is pretty OP. 850 muzzle velocity equals no bullet drop @ 300m. (just tested)
    So the thing hits its target super fast and has no bullet drop. Whats Vanus faction trait again?
    Even if it had bullet drop but still had the fast projectile speed it would be a great gun. yeah boring and nothing NEW but still a great gun. (not my suggestion, just saying)
  11. Frosty The Pyro

versitility
    • Up x 1
  12. Thrud007

Exactly. NC will get all traits. Damage, Velocity and No effective bullet drop. Even if boring its a straight upgrade.
    • Up x 1
  13. Craftyman

Da NC shoota'z isn't named afta pansy fings like birds ya git, dey'z named afta ded killy soundin' fingz like blitz n' SAW.
    • Up x 1
  14. NinjaTurtle

Sorry don't speak gibberish

Plus what's wrong with cute little birdies...... we could name it the LA02 Penguin
    • Up x 1
  15. Craftyman

ZOG OFF WIF YER BIRDS. itz downroight un-orky
  16. Reavx

I agree it's awesome my only thing with it is its name, something else i'd prefer. :)
    TR VS, have cool names.
    TRAP/SHADE are very stalky/infiltrator/roguish names.

Keeping along that line you could call it something like the ''AMBUSH'' or we could go another tangent.
    It's a rail gun so it fires the fastest projectile in the game and uses electronic gauss magnet technology.
    ''THOR'S HAMMER'' , GODBOLT PRO (think this will be its name when the whinging starts heheh)
    ''THUNDER'BOLT''

Ooo Thunderbolt sounds cool, bolt, bolt action Thunder ~ Electronic rails, = nice.
    Nice.
    I wish.
    NC-12 Thunderbolt
    • Up x 1
  17. Truehunter

SAW stands for Squad Automatic Weapon..... yeah really "killy" sounding.

The eternal crusade forum is up btw... I think you may be lost
    • Up x 1
  18. Tentakewls

And who wouldn't love it, it's a direct upgrade over any existing BASR
  19. Tenebrae Aeterna

Ragnarok, the Norse apocalypse...death of the Gods themselves.
    • Up x 1
  20. Reavx

Yes I did see your name you suggested before and yes its awesome :)
    • Up x 1