lots of fixes incoming the 30th (?) is render distance included?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wwwyzzerrdd, Jan 19, 2013.

1. wwwyzzerrdd

first, i want to confirm this is whats happening- big patch on the 30th this month with lots of fixes? (is what i just read somewhere around here)

if thats true, have they said anything about fixing infantry rendering? sole reason i havent logged on in over two weeks
  2. QuantumMechanic

No, they haven't said a single thing about fixing the infantry render distance. They applied a hotfix this week that made MAXes render from farther away *if you are in an airplane*. They basically made MAXes render like vehicles and engineer turrets do.

This is a big reason why I don't play much anymore as well.
  3. JesseEK590

Keep an eye out for the live stream this coming Friday, the 25th. It seems the devs will be outlining some of their short and longer term goals. Hopefully we'll hear some greater detail as to what's coming on the 30th.
  4. Wobberjockey

watching what was said in the last FNO, i think we should stop expecting a massive 'optimization patch'

these fixes are going to get put in as they get done, not in one magic mega patch that is going to make a night and day difference