[BUG] Lots of Annoying Bugs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nerazim, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Turkeys!

- Getting instagibbed by destroyed Phalanx Turrets

It doesn't even show up as a suicide - it shows the turret as having killed you. Probably have the honor of being one of the few who has managed to die to a destroyed stationary object. Never walking near a blown-up one again...
  2. toast2250

Let me ask you this which is honest and correct but will turn out to be cocky or what ever you think of it.

1. There is a Bug reporting section so why not us it?
    2. Are you posting this to inform other people of bugs they didn't know about yet or do you want to get the riot/attention to fix it? If its to inform other people, then 1. is irrelevant.
    3. If you reported a bug in the proper section then all there is to do,.. is wait patiently.

The formula for waiting time goes as following, Einsteins time of relativity goes like this:
    Soon™ divided by time equals probably never. Outstanding!
  3. Weterman

-Random player models standing around
    -Falling from the sky when you get out of a vehicle
    -fluctuating ping (This is a planetside problem, my ping is fine in any game except planetside)
    -can't capture a base sometimes, even if it is connected through lattice, and the friendly base isn't contested.
  4. Crowne

Personally, I post about bugs in gameplay discussion when I feel like the devs really must know about it by now... but don't seem to be appropriately motivated to fix it.
    ie. they must not fully understand just how negative to gameplay a certain bug is, which is a failure of players to effectively communicate how unbelievably wrong a particular bug is.

For me, it is the spawn bug that puts me up in the air in the middle of nowhere, or below the game entirely. In each case, I can pretty much only wait patiently until I finally die so I can try spawning again. Sometimes I can redeploy before splat, but very rarely. Sometimes I only spawn as light assault then change to what I actually need knowing spawning is broken.

Spawning is so intrinsically basic to the game mechanics that 2.5 years after release, I believe it should be taken seriously when it breaks. Not like it's a new feature for them to figure out. It's one of the central features of the game that should have been ironclad in early beta.
    I understand spaghetti code can sometimes lead to random issues, but letting it exist this very long is just incomprehensible to me from a simple pride-in-work perspective, if not elementary quality control.

Hence, I post here, because I feel I have no other option of a relatively friendly and benign nature.
    Threatening to cut off funding? No.
    Post in all caps with many colorful metaphors? No.
    Throwing feces and breaking branches? Well, not since I quit drinking.
  5. Hammerlock

dont forget the teleport shields in biolabs ... near no protection against c4 and sticky nades ... i encountered a engie throwing a c4 brick directly in the teleport room
  6. Mythologicus

The broken primary insists on giving me a Gauss SAW instead of an EM1 every time I log in to my NC character. I made alts because I hated the NC's arsenal, and that particular weapon sent me over the edge. IT KNOWS.

Also glad I made my alts well before DBG decided it was bad form to give new players something helpful for free.
  7. Eternaloptimist

@Pikachu - I see your laser pointer is under the pistol and presumably points where the bullet will go. I must check that out on (what looks to be) the magshot. I got a laser pointer for the Commissioner and for one of the ES pistols and the damned thing is on the side and is off centre to the sights/bullet path.

So, does the pointer work OK on your pistol? Has anyone else noticed this problem on other pistols?
  8. Pikachu

Eh, most guns have the laser pointer to the side of the gun. o_O My pistol is desperado btw.
  9. Nerazim

The bug reporting section is no longer a forum, it's a link to the issue tracker.

I wanted to discuss these issues and see if other people are having similar experiences. Especially with my Trac-Shot bug, which is annoying as hell and I have never seen anyone post about how their weapons constantly reset to default. I didn't work for the Aurax carbine just to not use it because of an irritating bug.

Also, I'm interested in reading about bugs and problems other people suffer from.

Plus, it's good to vent. The game has been a little frustrating to play recently.
  10. n0pax

PS2 uses client side hit detection, so if I am shooting at you with my 721 ping from Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia and you are not yet behind cover on my screen I can still kill you even though in reality you are behind cover on your 50 ms ping screen. It's a direct result of the rapidly decreasing native (USA/EU) population causing the Brazilian players who mostly have 200+ ms pings to account for a larger percentage of each server's playerbase.