Losing the enjoyment I had when I started

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pemtaphalon, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Pemtaphalon

Not sure what happened, I've been playing on the same server for maybe a month now (Ceres) and it just seems to have devolved into 2 choices, I either join a zerg and ghost cap, which is very dull, or I spend hours dying at the crown, what happened to the fun of this game? I used to be jumping between Indar and Esamir enjoying big battles, now Esamir is Vanu locked and is completely empty of NC or TR, Amerish much the same.

I know I'm not the best at this game, and when I see people with a K/D ratio over 1.0 I look at my 0.7 and wonder where they are going to have such fun?

I used to enjoy Lib gunning, but very few liberator pick up gunners in the warpgates for fear of being tipped over.

I rarely fly ESF because I only last a few minutes, lack of skill on my part.

I only seem to enjoy driving the MBT's now, but I can't find any battles that aren't crown related.

I love this game, I want to have fun on it, but it seems that either the population is dwindling, or everyone really does just stay at the crown, camping, never attacking, so I try to use the instant action, and I end up drop podding into an area full of enemies all on my own, so now I stopped drop podding....

So my question is, to those of you who are still having fun...what should I do to have fun on this game?
    • Up x 1
  2. MrLorgy

People need to get it hammered into their heads. Join an outfit. It is great fun man!
    • Up x 2
  3. Franky5Fingers

From what I can work out (given the numbers) the majority solution seems to be i/ hack ii/ leave?
    • Up x 1
  4. Pemtaphalon

I was invited to join an outfit a few days ago, they are the zerg I run with, we run arround capping bases trying to increase our borders, but we only seem to hit battles when we take basses outside the warp gate, and all you get then is enemy ESF's popping out, shooting a few rockets then heading back to the gate, it's fun for a shortwhile, then it just gets tedious. closest I game to a good battle was 2 tank platoons going head to head, but it was spoiled by a hacker who started using speed hacks to ram his Galaxy through everyone
    • Up x 1
  5. Pemtaphalon

I don't want to do any of those things, I want to find the fun again
  6. dragondrop

When I roll with my outfit we usually have one or two squads going taking back some territory that the VS took on the west of Indar. Initially ghostcapping, but by the time we reach Quartz Ridge and Hvar there is usually resistance. Quartz Ridge and Indar Excavation site are also defensible, so when there's too many we have somewhere to fall back to and defend, sometimes quite successfully.

The crown is a cert farm. We usually avoid it and go somewhere else - eventually there will be other enemies to attack or defend against. Those battles aren't always as large, but medium sized battles are also a lot of fun in my opinion.

That's Lithcorp, though. Don't know how the situation is on Ceres.
  7. {joer

If you really like tanking the only solution right now is of course VS since the terrain and the utter lack of traction treads get in this game means only a mag can really go anywhere.
  8. Pemtaphalon

The map is dead, it only seems to be good for those 3-4 man groups of infiltrators and LA's who like to flip a base then camp the spawns
  9. Pemtaphalon

When I play VS I use the Lightning, the mag never appealed to me for some reason
  10. Nature

Join an actual outfit that searches for fights instead of capping empty continents. Isnt ceres a low pop server? Game is more fun in a higher pop server, so either make a new char or wait for the tokens.
  11. Pemtaphalon

You may be right, but what to play in the meantime..hmm, also, will continent locking really help?
    Only the Vanu are active on other continents on Ceres, in a way they are locked already since there are no battles to be had there
  12. Pemtaphalon

It was busy when I started lol
  13. Katana

Properly designed bases (aka HD ps1 bases) and lattice will fix your problem. It'll fix all our problems. It'll cure world hunger.
  14. Goden

Almost every single outfit I have seen have been nothing but a bunch of elitist scumbags who do not hesitate to screw over their own team if it means furthering their own personal enjoyment.

I want no part of that, thank you very much.
  15. TeamGreener

Always with this argument.

There are good and bad outfits, just like there are good and bad people.
  16. Goden

I'll let you know when I find a good outfit.

Haven't seen any yet.
  17. Jestunhi

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
  18. Saintlycow

Personnaly, I find that I have less fun when the pops are imbalanced. Sure, it's okay if you all pile into a biolab, but at 2 to 1 odds, going outside is no fun. Too many prowlers.
  19. BengalTiger

Attempt at metagame:

You guys should join us if we're ever online together, we sometimes cap and hold the Leopardwoods Nursery, with a few more people we'd be able to cut the VS from their WG.
  20. Pemtaphalon

Well the new update just got pushed back, really sad as it had colour blind support on it and I need that quite badly, but I was hoping the new update with it's increased support XP would give the game more meaning for me at least (I play almost exclusively support roles, Medic, Engineer) But Yeah, I do hope they do SOMETHING to increase population, or give more reason to cap and defend bases, then this game will get back on form