Looking for upgrade advice, TR HA

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by RoundsDownRange, Dec 2, 2012.

1. RoundsDownRange

So I just heard Nanoweave armor is a solid upgrade (First three ranks are pretty easy to get). Are there any other upgrades that are blatantly obvious? I'm talking about stuff that should be immediately purchased. Also, I'm still using the standard weapon. Is there another weapon that shines in CQC/Mid range engagements? Finally, I haven't spent a single cert point (200ish saved right now) and I was doing okay with everything fresh. Went around 120 90, was 72 35 at one point, but I got stuck in a bad area and kept dying. Any tips?

TL;DR version-
    1. What short-mid range weapon should I upgrade to?
    2. What attachments are good for that range?
    3. After nanoweave armor, what else should I upgrade?
    4. Any general gameplay tips other than aim for the enemies?
    Thanks in advance!
    RoundsDownRange
  2. Gheeta

1. The default carv is a great weapon, i would not use my precious certs for any new infantry weapons before you get basic stuff sorted.
    2. Forward grip is good thing to have at any range. 1x Reflex sight is very good at close to medium range.
    3. Don't fully upgrade nanoweave straight, go for the nanite mesh generator recharge before spending absurd amount of certs to max out nanoweave.
    4. Cert atleast one restoration kit, that will keep you alive a bit longer and increases your cert gain because of that. Learn to control the recoil of the carv, when you learn to do so stuff starts to melt. Now i don't know your skill level but this might help

3. Dno

1. MSW-R. It has 2 targetting lasers, making it one of the best for hipfire and a very nice rate of fire + reload speed (which it does needs since it only has 50 rounds per magazine. Also has an option for softpoint ammo, which gives you a nice 15% damage bonus at around a 20m range (but less damage at 5m and longer ranges).

2. A reflex sight(ofcourse), targetting laser, soft point ammo (some people hate it, some love it). Maybe a silencer, but it does make your bullets fall off quite a bit at range.

3. You could invest in the NMG shield for more frequent use of it. Also sink 30 points in the health regen consumable (it's a universal cert, all your classes will benefit from it, really nice bang-for-cert value).

4. Aim for upper body, recoil will usually make sure the second or third hit will land on the head.
    If you have the targetting laser, make sure to turn it off by pressing 'L'. The laser kinda sticks out and gives away your position in close quarter combat.
  4. Punchdrunk

Carv-S front grip and compensator, +1 or +2 holo/reflex sight. thats all you need in a weapon.

Still not sure myself what to pour my points into when it comes to shields. resists or nmg/nanoweave