Looking for gunner

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Multispastic, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Multispastic

Please put this in game vocally i still cant get gunners for my prowler or to even try a liberator...and i havnt bothered to find out how to change from "yell" yet either..coz frankly i dont want to.
    thanks.
    i played on n off since beta and still dont know how to change the chat channel lol.
  2. FLHuk

Voice..... Ask.... When anyone gets in be super polite and understanding.... Always squad up and communicate lots.... Add to friends anyone that you work well with....

I have 25+ who I've had good Vanguarding times with in the last three months....

ONE still plays :/

Takes a lot of effort that has to be repeated but defo worth it.

What server you on?
  3. Multispastic

i have a crap mic...just want to press "v" and number.......and im in an outfit that never seems to have open squads..must change it... hyperion?? i think.....[IVI]
  4. Xiad

It IS in the game. Hold Q over an ally and select the top option (without looking, I'm pretty sure it's that one). Works the same way as requesting a lift - the target player will have your icon blinking on his radar.

Use /y /re /s /p /o /say before your messages to type in different channels. /w is PM, incidentally. You can also hit backspace to reply to the last person to send you a PM.

You're very welcome.
    • Up x 2
  5. Multispastic

well i never knew that..thanks
  6. Multispastic

so i have to hover and point the nose over a running ally and hit q.....couldnt be simpler !! or maybe i can free look in 3rd person? *** knows..but thanks
  7. Xiad

Hold mousewheel button in aircraft FPV to free look. Sure, it's not that convenient, but there are plenty more serious things wrong with this game.
  8. Towie

When playing NC or TR, getting a gunner can be a bit hit or miss (TR especially) - I use proxy chat and say 'anyone for gunner', use the Q to offer lift, hang around spawn points...eventually works.

Having a good secondary gun helps - a Basilisk isn't going to attract many - and spend a few certs on it (a small zoom and the lower levels of reload speed cost very little to make a happier gunner). Remember that TR pull WAY more tanks and harassers than any other faction, there just aren't enough willing gunners to go around.

VS isn't a problem though - can't keep them out !
  9. Iridar51

3 years... 3 ******* YEARS of typing /w name every time or painful clicking with pressing "add to friends" accidentally every time....

Much thanks. FML.
  10. FLHuk

Did not know about backspace but have always just typed /r "msg" to reply to last pm :)