[Suggestion] Long waited NS-Sniper rifle?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Jun 5, 2017.

1. AgentRed

So I have been playing for a while now, I have been waiting almost 5 years for NS-Sniper rifle. I want something for very long range. This sniper was teased a few times in the past. I saw the new pistol coming out I was like cool back to NS weapons. I wonder if DBG will relook at the NS-sniper rifle with 20X people say it isn't needed but for people who like Indar something like this is needed sometimes I am killing planetmans from over 500m, This will make thing so much better. I know not many people will be able to see that far but give something to the people that have good pc something to really play with I don't care if the clip size is just 3 rounds. I just want that range :D
    http://imgur.com/68S4GvH
    http://imgur.com/uUDGTnf
    • Up x 3
  2. CaptCran

Sign me up. BigHorns got the balls for a 20x. Make it so DBG.
  3. OgreMarkX

Rumor is that DBG is making faction specific sniper rifles.

Oh.

Wait.

They already did.

The TRAP.

Ya maybe NS Sniper Rifles for DBG cash.

Engaging gameplay!
  4. DIGGSAN0

There will be a new NS rifle soon.

It is called NSX Damyo.

It has a Magazine size of 2 Shots (semiautomatic)which deal damage like a bolt action rifle.
    • Up x 1
  5. AgentRed

The sniper I am talking about the asset has been around since the beginning Higby showed it off in a stream along time ago.
  6. DIGGSAN0

But infantry does render up to 350m-400m....why would you need more range?
    • Up x 3
  7. AgentRed

They can render up to 530m if you have a good rig
  8. Weylin

Soooo you want a weapon that only players with a good rig can fully utilize and have no way to retaliate against? OK then!

I request that infantry have a new passive defensive module that nullifies any single bullet that would end their life, once every 30 seconds. Against rapid fire weapons it would be borderline useless, but against OHK snipers it would buy you just enough time to hit cover or retaliate.
    • Up x 1
  9. AgentRed

Sounds like you don't like infils its bad enough people can remove smoke and people can tweak their gpu to see infils 100X better. Infils just need more love
  10. Demigan

I have a damn good rig with everything on Ultra with maxed render range and 90FPS dipping to 60 occasionally in large fights. My last tests from a few months ago:
    Infantry renders up to 300m.
    Infantry carrying AV weapons, even if not equipped, will render up to 400 to 450m, but not passed that.

This fits pretty well. Most infantry AV weapons aren't effective passed 400/450m. Only Vortexe's/Lancers seem to have more range nowadays. Other weapons like Fractures might be capable of going passed that but they don't have the accuracy and velocity to be really effective.
  11. Demigan

Aaand this has been fixed a long time ago. BE also does a check of your files to make sure you haven't turned stuff off that shouldn't be turned off.
  12. AgentRed

I haven't touch any of my game files. I do play with the settings ingame to set the max render range but thats it. To prove my point I had a fight with an outfit member about render range a few months ago here is a video of me killing a guy from over 500m away. Something tells me you don't play infil very much or never tried long range sniping XD

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNc27X50nn-5eP6a_eZim3g/videos
  13. DarkStarAnubis

I do not think it is a rig issue.

I tried in the VR Training to snipe infantry and I could not see them beyond 300m regardless of the rifle or the scope used.

However, I have killed with a sniper rifle beyond 300m, aiming at the marker since I could not see more than that. It was more than 300m because I know the distance between the places.

I guess that if an enemy is spotted by someone else (and it was the case) then it is rendered - marker only eventually if far away.
  14. T.A.94

This doesnt have to mean it will turn out that way

well i hope it wont be some kind of beamrifle similar to the Covenant one out of HALO Reach
    imagine holding down for about 1 or up to 1,5 sec to kill an enemy while a long thin lazer screams away your position.
  15. FateJH

Well, spot-reporting for allies was traditionally limited to 100m so that would limit the region to a 200m sphere (or is it a cylinder?). With all recent assertions, I don't think we can make anything but generalizations about the behavior of the rendering system anymore.
    There's no evidence the engine can do anything but minute projectiles that wholly despawn after target collision.
    • Up x 1
  16. DeadlyOmen

Faction-specific weapons are much more interesting.
    • Up x 1
  17. stalkish

It was explained above.
    Maximum render range is dynamic, based on the equipment your enemy is carrying.
    AV weaponary makes you render from further out than the standard 300m.
  18. DarkStarAnubis

It isn't explained at all... So far all we have is speculation.

Where did you get the information rendering range for infantry is dynamic and/or class specific? I am asking because I have never seen anything, aside from the "300m rendering distance" that we all know.
  19. Zagareth

Ok, to destroy some rumours, the render range of infantry is dynamic and depending on the battle and some other things, BUT it is definitely possible to see infantry upto 700m sometimes.

My longest distance kill was at 650m (Excavation Site, Indar with an unsuppressed Phaseshift in semi-auto, 3 body shots at a sniper), my longest distance hit at 700m at another sniper 2 minutes earlier (own faction for a test, if that gun makes damage at this distance) on a pretty low resolution and stoneold system.

The only good weapons for distances beyond 300m are VS scouts and semi-auto rifles. These are able to kill with 2 headshots at any distance (upto 700m), because they dont have a bullet drop.
    If you aim good, the 1st bullet will hit, not like a BASRs (or other faction semi-autos), that needs some kind of "test shots" for the right mil-dot to comensate the bullet drop at really long distances.
    And BASRs got a longer time for followup shots, which makes them inefficient to any semi-auto rifle at 300+m

Suppressed rifles (I take the Phaseshift as example and think all other rifles follow the same rule.... not sure) stop making damage at 400m, unsuppressed rifles can kill upto render range.

To edit and make something clear:
    The sniper I killed at 650m could also see me and he shot back when I started to shoot at him - it took about a minute of shooting before I took him out.
    So there was no adavantage on my side of a better render range for me. He got the same, no matter what system he had.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zagareth

VR is limited to 300m render range of the infanry - everywhere else it is dynamic and with own experience possible to 700m