Long Range TR LMG Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Neo3602, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Neo3602

I'm looking for suggestion on which TR Lmg would be best for long range combat, I know the TMG is good because of it's higher damage but I've also heard good things about thew Rhino and Bull so I'm wondering if there is any truth to that.
  2. _itg

My recommendation would be the TMG-50. It's basically a pirated NC gun. Higher bullet damage is nice for long-range weapons, and it also has lower horizontal recoil, which can't be compensated for, than any other TR LMG. However, the vertical recoil is fairly strong, so if you think that will bother you, the Rhino or Bull might be more to your taste.

As for the Rhino vs. the Bull, the Rhino gets an advanced forward grip (making its horizontal recoil better than the Bull w/ standard grip), but the Bull has better moving accuracy, so it's better for people who like to strafe while shooting. The Rhino has the larger magazine (and the ext mags option), which is valuable for suppression or point defense. It is also slated to get a substantial buff to its max damage range, so in the next month or two it may become the clear favorite out of these two weapons.

A fourth gun you didn't ask about is the NS-15M. It's a lot like the Bull, but with a token RoF reduction and the coveted 0.75x ADS multiplier. I don't see much reason to prefer the Bull in this comparison.
    • Up x 2
  3. Neo3602

Thanks for the advice I think that I'll look at how many certs I have when I finish with the Carv-S and decide from there but If I have enough I'll probably go with the TMG.
  4. bubbacon

The Bull has superior velocity over other LMGs. Add SPA and you just increased your damage range. Add a comp/FG and you just made one of the most accurate LMGs even tighter.
  5. Eternaloptimist

T16 Rhino is surprisingly good at longer range if you equip the advanced fore grip and compensator. I get more hits than with the TMG50 and a shade more kills. The T32 Bull is basically a Rhino with faster bullet velocity but fewer reloads. If anything, I think the Rhino has a bit less recoil but either of them is pretty good and they don't suffer too much in closer range engagements from their lower rate of fire compared to the Carv and the MSW-R. I believe the Rhino will be getting a bit of a buff if the LMG changes get through PTS, as it's maximum damage range will be improved.
  6. Khallixtus

The TMG-50 is the long-range TR LMG, but I find that the recoil and bloom are too powerful to go for longer ranges. I find that the Rhino and the Bull are the best options. The only real difference aside from ammo difference when it comes to range is that the Bull has a bit more horizontal recoil, but very little vertical recoil, whereas the Rhino has an almost nonexistent horizontal recoil and a very minor amount of vertical, although a little more than the Bull. This is most likely because Rhino has Adv. Forward Grip and Bull has Compensator to, well, compensate.

The TMG-50 is not a bad gun, but it requires a large amount of burst firing to be effective, and absolutely cannot hipfire, no-way on Auraxis. The Bull is a good weapon, because even when set up for long-range, it still has very nice hipfire (for LMGs anyway). The Rhino has 100 bullets, and at 652 RPM, this means you can keep shooting for a fairly long time.

All guns are different, and different people do better with different guns. Try them out in VR training before you decide to buy any of them, and find out which one suits you.