Long Range TR Infantry Weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FlatironmanX, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Shaggath

No
    It's true for rof only for medic assault rifle and smg it's why we have more ammo because rof is not true in all case where highest rof with big bullet is always true for nc and no drop for vanu.
    When a weapon come near an nc model for example we loose ammo like sabr with 600 rof -> 30 ammo or cougar 35.
    It's the same for vanu you loose ammo from normal each time a weapon have same rof or better then tr.
    Big bullet come always with less ammo because you need less to kill.
    High rof come always with less accuracy it's true for all.
  2. Imp C Bravo

I gotta agree with this post mainly. Lower caliber weapons shouldn't produce a lot of recoil per shot nor have a lot of bloom per shot. They will be automatically regulated by the sheer number of rounds fired.

From my perspective, it's all about ease of headshotting. I almost never hipfire. I ads to within 5 meters -- essentially CQC. And I find that all the factions (minus Vanu) are pretty easy to headshot with. Headshots win firefights. It all depends on your ability to headshot (I, for example, to improve my accuracy, run with fairly low sensitivity. It helps me be more precise. The draw back is that I don't turn as fast which does get me killed sometimes.)

I find TR guns aren't super accurate, but are fairly decent at close and long range with disciplined fire control. Not nearly as effective at long range as NC, but entirely reasonable.

Vanu has weird recoil and slow bullet travel time and fast damage drop off so, despite the fact I never have to compensate for bullet drop, it's actually a bit harder to headshot at range. But then again, maybe its just me.
    • Up x 1
  3. DorianOmega

Has any of the users complaining about long range tried burst firing there weapons? (not using burst fire variants but actually attempting to burst fire while in full auto)
  4. Iridar51

Same as TR, dude :confused:
  5. quatin

You are correct. Mature players definitely gravitate towards ADSing LMGs when at all possible so you can skillfully place headshots. That part is really unarguable. Wrel made a video on the importance of headshotting earlier.

However, realize you are talking to someone with a NC bias:
    Hipfiring while not entirely a gimmick becomes very situational unless the CoF is very small to begin with, which brings me to the next subject. You guys forgot that NC has the Cyclone SMG. Which out TTKs even the MSW-R with a smaller hip CoF and the ability to 0.75x ADS. The NC arsenal really is complete in that sense.
  6. Goretzu

Why on earth are you quoting me about Pounders from another thread in this thread? :D
  7. Lord_Avatar

My point is that every TR weapon falling into the 167 dmg category is worse than it's NC equivalent. The TMG-50, the Cougar - none of those have 600 ROF, the SABR-13 does, but it was made a burst weapon not to encroach on NC territory which is perfectly fine; it doesn't work both ways though.

I believe VS weapons should be capped at 143/800 and NC ones at 143/750 (lower still for LMGs) - guns such as the Serpent, GD-7F should be TR exclusive. The problem is that while TR and NC are basically binary oppositions, the VS lack clear defining characteristics.
    • Up x 1
  8. Goretzu

If you can 100% headshot in close range then the NC6 SAW is your CQB beast (or the EM6 for that matter).

Although given you have previously stated you cannot headshot at even 0m with dual Onslaughts, and cannot hit much at 30m with Dual Mercys I wouldn't think you'd really be 100% headshotting with an NC6 SAW! :)

So whilst the Anchor is a truly excellent LMG (IMO the NCs best over all), it isn't actually a superb close range LMG (however you look at it, ADS or hipfire), but rather a superb mid range LMG that remains good close and long range).
    • Up x 1
  9. Noooooch

Carv and MSW-R for dayssssssssssss