Lone Wolf Moments

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sturmwaffles, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Sturmwaffles

Hey guys!

I was just playing and had a total blast. In a few particular instances, a life combined incredible circumstance and luck (and what I like to believe is skill), leading to crazy killstreaks--I like to call these events "Lone Wolf Moments."

What I mean to ask you is if you have ever had a life where something super crazy happened, leading to an epic battle, or just very interesting happenings?

Have a moment to tell some stories, link some videos, and just talk about some of the cool fun you guys have had in these instances.

Here is a link to one of the moments I recorded, I hope you enjoy it.

Discuss. :).
  2. Zitroxious

3. Linedan

And then you get killed by a friendly at the end. Ouch.

Makes me kind of sad that all these videos show NC as the ones getting massacred, even though they're generally getting massacred with style. I didn't think we were all that dumb...
  4. Sturmwaffles

Hehe, yes, I figure that Lightning wasn't paying too much attention.

I don't have Giraffe camo, my favorite camo is the one in the video, "Arid Forest" and even then, my gun throws plasma and I have Vanu Armor on.

I have seen this happen to Vanu as well, Linedan--it's horrifying!
  5. Zoner

Old warpgate rotation, with VS in lower left of Esamir.

Our push from jaeger's crossing failed, (both forces weren't particularly large) I ended up as the last man on the bridge in a dual falcon max.

Killed 7 magriders in a row crossing the bridge. Each and everyone of them stopped after the first shot in the back with a 'what was that? i better not get any closer' which just lets me shoot them again for the kill. The only VS who found me was an infiltrator crossing the bridge, I also shot him and he decided to jump off the bridge, but went splat when he hit the ground.
  6. Achmed20

does camping in trees count as lone wolf moments? ^^
  7. Mightyhalo

I love running lone wolf when outfits are doing gal drops on empty bases because they are real lazy and group up at points for easy kills. I think they get so used to no contact that they just assume they are safe.
  8. Vorxil

Esamir, NC. We were making a push from Eisa Techplant towards Saerro Listening Post, fighting on foot across the tundra. VS were trying to get past our line with Magriders and one squad in particular had perched on a small hill with one of the spires. We had a few incoming Magriders who was either attempting to get a better angle or magburn past us but they paid heavily with several Shrikes in their faces.

Still, that squad was pestering us with plasma and forced a standoff. However, I managed to sneak my away across and around their hill and with a few grenades and my trusty SAW took them out. From there on, the rest of us took out their Sunderer.
  9. Sulsa

Indar. Infiltrator. Fields between Vanu Archives and Crossroads (?).
    I was taking pot shots from a small, lone rock outcrop at the TR Scum who were defending our Archives from a Vanu siege when some Prowlers rolled up right next to me. Then a Sundy, then more armor. Our siege is cut short and the TR Scum push the Purple Love back a few hexes.
    All this time I'm in this small rock alcove, popping heads, with TR armor literally all around me within 10-20 m. They never found me and I did pretty good removing tank drivers when they got out to repair. Sometimes I would use an empty enemy tank as a blind to get some better shots.
    Talk about a racing pulse and adrenaline spike! This game truly creates some memorable stories. I get up the next morning and can't wait to tell my 9 year old about what happened on Planetside the night before :D