Login Crashes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grimleyblack, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Grimleyblack

Hey Guy's,

So 2 patches ago I started having an issue were upon launching my game and getting to the pre-login loading bar my game crashes around the 50-70% mark and opens a browser widow to this page "https://www.planetside2.com/register" page of the planet side 2 website. This occurs 4+ times before the game will actually let me into the character selection screen.

Has anyone else encountered this or shed any light on what might be going on?

a bit more info:
    windows firewall is off
    computer in DMZ
    Windows 8.0
    No Anti-virus installed
    Running PS2 through Steam

EDIT**
    This issue is making the game unplayable. the last patch hasn't helped at all in fact its just made things worse now i'm getting freezing at the character screen that causes the Planetside2.exe to crash an bring up the registration screen again.

Please help, this is getting really annoying.
  2. Incentive Legend

i have the same problem, game either crashs to desktop no error or yields an g99 error.

ive tried many different steps to rid of it but alas nothing. so infuriating, i spend at least 15-20 mins just trying to get into the fricken game every time. :mad:

things i have tried, restarting the computer and modem router, running a registry cleaner, updating all software, validating assets, removing various files and validating again, disabling firewall and antivirus, defragmenting my whole hard drive. As i type this, i have now spent over 20 mins trying to get into the game. The logging in wheel has remained in an animated state for over 10 mins.
  3. Yajacin

i have the same problem as well. i am able to get to the login portion but can't get into the game. the wheel just keeps going then bumps me off after awhile