Loged in, Got hacked, Loged out.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PanzerShrimp, Jan 31, 2013.

1. PanzerShrimp

Just logged in for the first time in about a five days, funnily enough the last time I logged out was because of hackers.

Anyway playing on brigs, peak Australian time, was happy to see we were defending the crown, hot dropped in to a chat full of QQ about hackers.

Died seven times from long distance head shots with carbines from Vanu players with stupid unrecognizable 0 names, Didn't even get a shot off, logged out.

So SOE I highly suggest you log into Briggs and give these Vanu hackers there "7 day banns" before more people quit like myself.

I cannot believe SOE launched this game so unprepared for hackers that are just running rampart, you got $200 out of me SOE, good play.
    • Up x 3
  2. AUSGrizzly

I sent a message to SOE about how Briggs is starting to become flooded by Hackers...
    Their Response...
    "Thankyou for letting us know!"

Their action...
    Pending...
    • Up x 1
  3. Dubious

Hackers is the also the reason PS1 went downhill (when excluding BFRs)
  4. phungus420

It really is hard for developers to stop hacking. It is annoying though.
  5. PanzerShrimp

Logged back in, Was really looking forward to playing this game, 30 minutes later THERE STILL THERE AND THE CHAT IS STILL A MASS QQ/REPORT HIM etc etc.

I don't think it's just briggs thats flooded it's all of them, SOE has very poor hacker management that clearly does not work.

Maybe if they actually banned them for longer then 7 days it will detour some.
    • Up x 1
  6. Darth_MV

They are not hackers, they are CHEATERS (totally different things).

A hacker is someone who, with his knowledge of computers, technology and programming, is able to surpass security systems.

A cheater is someone who uses a program / exploits a bug, in order to get advantage over the legit players.
    • Up x 5
  7. PanzerShrimp

There will always be hackers, but right now this game is becoming unplayable because of it, it seems the hackers have a feeling of invincibility, and quite frankly it seems they are atm.
  8. illgot

"got hacked" makes it sound like someone hacked your account.

What someone did was use a hack to cheat in game. I doubt they are hackers and I doubt they know anything about coding. You logged in, died from cheaters, logged out.
    • Up x 2
  9. pulse

I'm playing on Miller and it's been a while since i saw something worth reporting so - yeah it might be especially Briggs.
    When i saw something i made a clip and send it to sony, i suggest you do it too. Or you can just join the rest of the chat and complain.
    If you don't give them hard evidence it's pretty damn hard to find solutions to that ****.

<3 pulse
  10. PanzerShrimp

Yes thanks for the dictionary definition of Hack/hacker.

Could you please also look up "captain obvious"
  11. Lakora

Too be fair you said it was a Vanu player... Considering their accuracy even during full auto... Well IMO all vanu are aimbotting.

Anyway the common thing is this entire post "The Crown" did you even try to go anywhere else? Cause there are other bases on Indar there's even two other continents. :D
    • Up x 1
  12. Littleman

It's because the anti-cheat policy seems to be gather all of their names, then remove them at the same time.

The problem with this strategy is that SOE loses about 10 or more people per hacker every day. What's not helping is the perceived notion their reports aren't amounting to anything. Seriously, it's not hard for the guys on the ground to see there's foul play in a speed hacker or someone snapping around with mechanical accuracy. A GM with the tools to lock the camera to a hacker shouldn't have any problem seeing the guy is cheating and acting right away, but apparently like everything else in big business game development, there are 200-something stretches of red tape to go through.
  13. illgot

then do not use it incorrectly. I bet you also yell about hackers killing you in game.

Buying and using a 30 dollar cheat program from a real hacker/computer programmer does not make the user a hacker. It makes them a cheater. Basically you are giving WAY too much credit to an idiot that probably had issues installing the cheat program they bought.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dubious

All games might have cheaters, but cheaters stand out more and hurt game play more in FPS games than RPGs
    Tons of cheaters in games like WoW, but they arent game breaking
    1 cheater in games like PS2 IS Game Breaking
  15. JokeForgrim

Having played all 3 factions, I will say bullet drop aside, the damage of VS weapons leaves a lot to be desired. Especially after playing NC and then TR.

VS still have recoil, so its not an aimbot.You cant just aim at someones head and put a whole clip in it. Unlike with NC and TR guns.

NC guns only need 2 bullets to hit the head and they're dead. TR just need to aim for the body and Climb up to the head due to the high RoF.

VS on the other hand have weird guns that dont kill things (especially anywhere under 10m (or where 90% of infantry fights happen)). I ended up buying a shotgun for my VS character as I hated VS guns damage model. So far TR have the best guns, NC close second. I actually really like the stock NC guns though.

Well put. Grinding at the crown, Over rated.

I mainly see hackers in biolabs or crown defense. Usually after 20-30m of unbreakable defense, some guy pops up and starts killing people in the spawn room as they spawn. Talk about determination :(
  16. PanzerShrimp

If your going to turn this into a discussion about balance at least know what your talking about. VS still have recoil? They have almost NO recoil compared to other factions. VS weapons don't kill things? They do the same damage as TR weapons but with LESS recoil and more accuracy. And as for NC weapons taking two head shots to kill someone? no ****? Good luck with that with there recoil and the way the flinch mechanic works.
  17. JokeForgrim

hackers and script kiddies are 2 different animals.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Obvious

could you please look up "a dictionary" so that you can define your words correctly?
  18. datfluttershy

Dear OP:

I once saw an Admin in action, there was also a ban involved...... The player that reported the cheater via support ticket was Banned and later on the ban was lowered to a 6 day suspension of his account for.... reporting an obviouse cheater.....

True story

SOE is currently not in the position to get anything done right, well at least according to all the TT threads in here. And without the help of a third party AC Software PS2 will NEVER even have the chance to become a less friendly place for hackers.
  19. NC_agent00kevin

I hear SOE taunted the cheaters again and thats why its escalated the past couple days or so.

Given their history with hackers, I dont think its a wise decision. Though, there was an Infamous haxor on Far Cry 2 back in the day. I kept him out of my servers better than most, and made it so no matter what, he could never ever join my servers with his own name again - which was one of his favorite things to do. (join a server he was banned from)

I taunted the guy, named my servers stuff that provoked him, and wound up being the target of several intrusion attempts as well as a failed DOS attack. (I lived in an area with exceptional Internet Service and had paid for business class, top notch for my servers) Yeah, I beat the guy, but he did everything he could to 'get me back'. Im probably lucky he wasnt a real pro.

Point is, its not smart to insult or provoke hackers (or even low level cheaters) because the whole reason most of them cheat is to feel or be perceived as powerful and to be feared. Taunt them and they will do everything the can to prove THEY are the ones with the power, not you.
    • Up x 1
  20. JokeForgrim

are you high?

When you shoot first the flinch mechanic doesnt come into play on your side. Also control your recoil. I love NC guns. The engie gun, "the mercenary" that thing is lethal.

If VS weapons have the same damage model as TR weapons with LESS recoil, then why can i kill things with TR weapons no problem and VS weapons cant kill anything? TR weapons are close to NC with more recoil and less damage. VS weapons are like TR weapons with less recoil and less damage.

Have you played all 3 factions? or just looked at sheets? Im talking about stock weapons, not all weapons just what ive used and how they have "felt" to me.

btw that was "my opinion" having played all 3 factions (how they felt to me and my play style). I will say VS have more hackers than the NC or TR did though (maybe thats what you are basing your exp on) although all factions have them especially on Briggs.