Lock on rocket launcher, corrected laugh on launcher...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Monnor, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Monnor

Why work the lock on rockets from fighters, but those ground one not. Everytime i use them its like collecting hate for wasting 1000 cert on it.
    The rockets are to slow , pointless to talk about dmg, and lose their target, if the pilot just fly a sharp U curve.

Well i would not talk about , if my damn dual bursters were not broken too....
    • Up x 1
  2. Virtual0Slayer

Never send a rocket to do a bullets job!
    But yea aa is ridiculous. Most expensive thing in the game yet most inefficient and boring x2 for ground based aa.
  3. bendplz

i can never say this enough times DONT BUY AA WITH CERT POINTS because then all you do is complain about it
  4. Bloodlet

So buying them with station cash (i.e. real money) is somehow better? o_O

@OP I agree. I bought the Annihilator and even with a supposedly faster missile, fighters and sometimes liberators still outrun them all the time. I can deal with missing due to flares or even to clever flying by sudden banks or using terrain but just hitting the afterburners to get away is BS. SOE really needs to look at how AA missiles are designed in real life.
  5. Littleman

Your bursters aren't broken... they just have slow projectile speeds and suffer from damage fall off as they travel greater distances (WTF, SOE!?)
  6. Rolfski

Infantry lock-on rockets in this game are a team-only weapon.

On their own, their use is mostly limited as deterrent, as a single one can relatively easy be defeated by any vehicle pilot.
    Multiple ones fired by teams that call out their targets is a whole different story though. A single organized squad of 1O heavies (+ 1 medic + 1 engineer) with Annihilators (weakest damage lock-on) can completely destroy a full platoon of Vanguards head-on (strongest tank armor in PS2) in under 5 minutes.

Making the Annihilator one of the best and most versatile weapons to fight a zerg.
  7. Bloodlet

I think hardly anyone is complaining about effectiveness vs ground vehicles. It's all about how they work vs aircraft. They are simply too slow.

Just 5 minutes ago I watched a reaver with 1/4 health with two nemesis missiles on his tail afterburn away. He didn't even get out of visual range and those missiles flew into his aircraft and simply disappeared with no damage done when he should have been dead.
  8. siiix

they where working fine until the update when they nerfed them and put the new dual buster in the shop

they should restore the AV and AA rockets how they where before that update

THANX TO THE WHINING AND CRYING sony listened and MESSED THEM UP
  9. Dubious

Main problem with G2A is that they cant hit libs, ever
    Either they are out of range, but they can hit you
    or the missiles just dosent connect and explodes at tail doing no damage (no flare)
    • Up x 1
  10. Aerensiniac

Im a flyer so i could do without a buff on those launchers, but they are indeed ********. They wont follow air units and even a liberator can easily evade them and all that for 1000 cert points? Ridiculous. The AA lock on launcher's cert value is around 250 points. It does a so so job at detering, but other than that its pointless AND you sacrifice your anti vehicle capability.

That 1000 cert points should go to buying your MAX's second AA arm.
  11. Monnor

No, they are broken(some times) , you see a hit animation(little explosion) but do no dmg.
    I talk about aircrafts heading for your guns, trying to crash into you. Or to get you a picture, i talk about 5 meter.
    Well i would capture it on video, but .. its broken too... and i do not want load someting extra, cause im sure SOE swing banhammers for nothing too.
  12. UberBonisseur

It's funny, because the only thing you need to do to dodge a G2G is move in a straight line.

If fired from the side, or at some altitude (talking about being on top of a wall tower), it just crashes into the ground because it either flies too fast or cannot turn.
    I regret the "buff", at least they used to hit before
  13. Evil Monkey

Don't think I've ever died to ground based missiles and rarely get hit by them.

If you hit AB and missile fails to hit, it was a ground launcher.

If missile hits and is immediately followed by three others, congratulations you have just met the average Scythe pilot....
    • Up x 1
  14. Monnor

I just wish a javalin for PS2.
  15. JohnnyMaverik

Only AA that is worth buying is second Burster for Max, everything else is meh, A30 Walker is a joke, AA rockets are a joke, Skyguard is still pretty **** unless they try and hover kill you and don't have pods, even the base turret AA isn't great, only Busters are going to actually take down a smart pilot.

Now let's look at air to ground, I don't have pods, I could have done but when I spent my Alpha Squad SC I bought an A30 Walker and AA launcher... what a dumb move. The primary air gun can chew through tanks pretty quickly, pods can one shot them, you can kill multiple infantrymen in one shot with pods, you can easily kill infantry men with your primary, one at a time, hard to aim it but doesn't take many hits, in a 1 vs 1 fight with a stationary turret pods win, and with your primary you can easily take them down from range, Air > Ground, unless you spam buster Max's or are with the Zerg (providing you are not fighting the other factions Zerg... which is likely since they never Zerg on the same continent), then they run. Rocket pods are the most ridiculous weapon in the game IMO, at least a Liberator is pretty sluggish and easy to hit, ESF's with pods especially a squad of them are just ridiculous, you can't do anything unless you see them coming and can quickly get a squad of buster maxes out... which isn't likely.
  16. JohnnyMaverik

Same for all factions mate, I use a base model Scythe quite often, get AA pods on me a lot, from both TR and NC, it's not a Vanu thing.
  17. 13lackCats

A few HAs working together with guided missiles can get control of a zone real fast.
    • Up x 1
  18. Aircool

An increase in speed and the ability to lead the target with the AA rocket would be useful. At the moment, the rocket (ok, technically, missile) seems to head for where the aircraft was a second or so ago, then track the backside of the target. It's hilarious (unless you're the one using the AA missile) watching an aircraft outmanoeuvre a missile. You'd be better off sticking the homing head in an ESF and launching that at the enemy instead.

Saying that, it's easier for an ESF to ram another ESF than it is for a supposed AA missile to get within sniffing distance of its target.

I'm aware that GBAD is supposed to be a deterrant rather than an all out threat, but beyond at least three or four dual flakker MAX's, aircraft pilots don't even have to think about enemy fire. A dedicated AA squad consisting of three to four dual flakkers, four to five Skyguards and a hatful of engineers to keep them running (along with an ammo sundy) would actually pose a problem for the sort of aircraft swarms we are seeing. However, whenever you do see a concerted effort to deter air, it works too well; all the aircraft leave to spam somewhere else, whilst you're left to comically defend yourself against a few tanks or Hvy Assault troops.
  19. vorttam

Faster lock on and increase the range would be great. To at least reach the libs. Pretty BS that you can not lock on em but yet they still can rain fire down on you. Reason for faster lock on, is when you are being base camped by several libs above you cant get a shot off before you get destroyed, standing there with your thumb up your *** waiting for the pos to lock.
  20. ent|ty

I guess I suck, cause I can't get away from the things. In fact, they are quite an annoyance, they turn every dogfight into a lamefight
    Actually it's not a fight at all.
    How it usually goes is i get on an enemy's tail, and stay on his tail as I slowly chew him down with the default cannon. Then his buddy or someone else simply goes behind me and gets a free kill with <Lock>.

Its the same way with the G2G rocket... all the speed of a Lightning and maneuverability and fun you can have with it against other tanks is negated by it.

This game is set on Easy for most players, and I hate it. I take pride in my dumbfire rocket skills at many ranges, but all that is lost on people who think you just used the Easy Aimbot Mode rocket features of the game.