[Suggestion] Lock On missiles reveal the location of the user to the victim

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by drhead, Feb 6, 2013.

1. drhead

The title says it all. Often, when I am cruising around in my Scythe and start to see "LOCK", it is an infantry troop with a lock-on launcher. This presents the problem of horrible imbalance, since from my perspective, the heavy assault is an ant on the screen and there is no way that I could possibly see which one he (or she) is. Then there is also the problem of deciding whether an aircraft or a HA is locking on to me. Therefore, I propose that when you are locked on to, the person locking on to you is spotted for you on the minimap and on your HUD with something similar to the grenade icon. It would also help to have the current distance of the missile from your aircraft so it can be accurately gauged whether or not you can dodge it or force it to hit something.

It would also make more sense, since there is no reason why you should be able to magically know you are being locked on to, yet not know the source of the lock on. Even nanites can't explain that.

Thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. Ganelon

I think that already happens (on the minimap).
  3. ThundaHawkPS