Lock-on missiles have negative influence on gaming experience

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FigM, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Rhoryn

My k/d with the mossy is 5+, i should have been specific and said i blow hard at dogfights. I don't even use flares and honestly i don't face many problems killing infi, the only problem is when i have 2+ people co-ordinating and fire rockets at me when i can't get away quick enough.

I do tend to stay away from the large amp station fights as i do agree with everything you are saying, you either get flakked to death or 100s of rockets flying your way. I was being a smart *** but if i was in an outfit and loved using esf's than i understand how you could get annoyed.
    • Up x 1
  2. SolLeks

Ok lol. I tend to keep a 5+ KD from mainly killing aircraft (had a 25 KD for a while last tuse during outfit ops, but then died a few times and ended with an 11 KD =/). I just hate how most people suggest that If someone is having trouble with the Ezmode lockons, the solution is to just 'go away' and find another fight. If I am not with my outfit I just fly around the map looking for other pilots, but its not fun to not be allowed in any fight larger than 20 people =/.

Also, I still honestly don't understand why infantry hates rocket pods at this point in the game =/. They are not really that good to use vs infantry compared to any of the noseguns... and the fact they don't seem to understand that if there was less AA there would be more A2A ESF hunting down all the A2G ESF =/

FTFY
    • Up x 3
  3. Granpajo

Honestly, the biggest problem I see in most fighter users, is that they tend to loiter in an area. Even in the real world ground fire is extremely dangerous to low flying aircraft. Aircraft already have a major liability in that they are in the air. They don't usually have any cover up in the sky. So everyone on the ground can shoot at them with near impunity.

A fighter making ground attacks should be doing slash and run attacks. Fly in as fast as you can in a gun/rocket run, dump your load (giggity) and streak on out. Watch any video on how an A-10 does an attack run. IN fast, out fast, flares popping everywhere. I use my Striker all the time against aircraft in the area, and the truly good pilots are near impossible to hit because they don't loiter. They will either do the strafing runs and bug out, or they will sit WAY out in the distance long ranging stuff Apache style.

So until I see the majority of fighters using tactics that make sense, instead of trying to use their fighters as flying tanks loitering over an area, I gotta say "Lock ons are fine."
    • Up x 1
  4. SolLeks

I only loiter above 500m, your point is irrelevant as most of the posters that are complaining about the lock ons Are Not A2G ESF.
    • Up x 2
  5. Flapatax

I feel that the upcoming lock-on changes have already addressed any reason for this thread to exist. Fire-and-forget is out, right? So why are we here?
    • Up x 1
  6. Rhoryn

I think the nosegun is much more effective if you have good aim, i personally use a2a missiles to scare off other pilots because most of them are BR 80+ who kill me no matter what manoeuvre i pull off.

I heard an idea on a different thread about each g2a rocket should cost resources, personally i think that isn't such a bad idea as people would not mindlessly just keep spamming rockets at you even though they never hit you. :D
  7. SolLeks

I read that as well and it would probably work fine xD.
    • Up x 2
  8. Tbone

Yeah cause your post i closer right lolpoder??
  9. Tekuila

Your logic with how aircraft should be used would be flawless, if esf weapons weren't nerfed so bad that doing strafing runs won't end up killing anything at all. Also aircraft in this game are very slow.
    • Up x 3
  10. Selentic

NO SOLLEKS

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE

EVERY ESF IS A LOLPODDING INFANTRY FARMER AND EVERY LIB RUNS A ZEPHER TO FARM HELPLESS MLG INfANTRY

IM ON 2 U

Probably because that was promised months ago, and nothing was mentioned about capping their range to something more reasonable, which is easily one of the bigger issues.
    • Up x 3
  11. SolLeks

=0 I better run away from this fight because I don't want to get hit by all the infantry autoaim hate missiles =0
    • Up x 1
  12. Gheeta

This is yet another issue which is caused by lock on's, you absolutely must have flares. There are no other options really. New players have to get flares before they even can try flying which is clearly bad for the game. PS2 has issues keeping new players and stuff like this does not help.
  13. Cab00se187

Ya flares, something that should come standard with the aircraft. And also, I've stated this many times, flares should not be a cool down but have an ammo capacity which you can cert into for more flares.
    • Up x 1
  14. Selentic

good thread A++
  15. LibertyRevolution

It takes 3 lock-on rocket to down an ESF...
    If you stay in an area after you take the second lock on, then you deserve to get shot down.

It takes an ESF 1 sec of lolpods to kill the heavy locking onto him..
    The HA has to lock on an fire 3 times, for a total time of 12secs of locking, and then travel and reload time..

I'm sorry but you ESF pilots that complain about lock-ons need to l2p..

And before you comeback with some complaint about how 3 HA simultaneously locked you...
    3 guys should easily down 1 guy, working as intended.
    That is 3 of our team that is off the front line to deal with you.
  16. Earthman

That's inherently selfish and absurd in a game environment.

"Waaah it took 3 guys working together to take me down that's unfair!" I call that working as intended.
    • Up x 1
  17. Selentic

So, 3 heavies standing around anywhere in a base looking in the general direction of any nearby aircraft for a couple seconds then shooting is your idea of teamwork?

looool
  18. LibertyRevolution

Those 3 heavies looking at the sky trying to lock onto you are 3 people we no longer attacking/holding the point, so yes.

If you think lock-ons suck now, just wait till the esf update and the lock on changes, lulz!

Here:
    • All anti-air lock on weapons will become maintained on lock. The shooter must keep the target locked for the duration.
    • The closer a lock-on target is, the faster it will acquire a lock.
    • Lock-on missiles will travel faster
    The above changes are intended to create a more interesting risk vs reward dynamic for lock-on missiles.
    For example, at point blank range, the weapon may lock on instantly and the projectile be too fast to dodge, while at 300 meters it may take 2.5 seconds + maintaining the lock.

I can't wait for the ESF update, the tears of ESF pilots will fall like rain.
    • Up x 1
  19. libbmaster

Mmmm... Flyboy QQ.

Anyone know why now is the time for this debate? I've been here months but it only seems like in the past few weeks there's been a concentrated effort to nerf Lock-ons. No-one seemed to care before.
  20. CaptainYamerica

Everything else has already been nerfed that's any good? (other than Harasser HP)
    • Up x 1