Loadout for engie,fàil to kill infantry.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Ximinetto, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Ximinetto

I have two loadouts,one is suit for destroy all non enemy infantry things also for kill infantry. The other is for kill infantry exclusively.

First loadout:
    NS-Archer
    Emissary with ext. Magazine
    Second loadout:
    Barón shotgun
    Emissary with darklight

I like morè the first loadout cus its a jack of all trades,but when i use the emissary in cqc,specially versus shielded heavyes,i lose. Still aiming at head.

So i change to the Second loadout,and works much better but i cant destroy other things than infantry.

Any tips for use the emissary right versus infantry????
  2. LtBomber1

If you want to keep the Emissary, go with laser and hipfire.
    You need that movement speed ADAD to evade shots from heavies. The Emissary is quite accurate in hipfire, in cqc you can burst up to 10 rounds. In addition, use your deployable as cover, whatever it is. Try to weaken other infanty with mines or nades. Remember that your shield starts recharging faster, so going a step back is a valid strategy.
    A pistol is not a real replacement for a primary tho...
  3. Eternaloptimist

I tend to have a long range plus medium range combo, for example, carbine/shotgun plus Blackhand. Depends on how good a shot you are with a pistol though.

If you are going to run an AV primary like the Archer then the Emissary that you already use makes the most sense to me but, whichever way you look at it, engineer going CQC with HA is a tough proposition.
  4. Ximinetto

Well,on the case or Face a heavy,i just evade it,the magic button overshields are impossible to destroy with emissary.
  5. DarkStarAnubis

Have you considered the NS-11C coupled with the NS-45 Pilot?

The NS-11C has good hip fire accuracy and with the grip is a good fire platform at medium range. The NS-45 has a powerful 3xrounds burst that can OHK if all the rounds hit the head and you can hip fire as well, problem is it has only 12 rounds meaning you have 4 bursts to kill the enemy or die.

The Archer is good against slow MAXes and stationary targets, but it lacks the punch to OHK infantry, the sight sways and the bullet has a lot of vertical drop due to its slow speed.
  6. Nithavela

Engi isn't meant to run around and shoot people in pitched battle. Every other class does that better.

My suggestions would be a defensive setup. Let the enemy come to you and mow him down or at least soften him up for your allies. Defend cap points or chokepoints.

I generally run a carbine with the underbarrel grenade launcher (though you could use a battle rifle with that one, as well) to lay down suppressive grenade spam that I can recharge with my own ammo pack and a comissioner for close quarters stopping power. The main anti infrantry weapon as an engi is your anti infantry turret though. Also, bring some AI mines. Pick a good point, set up a killing zone and have fun.
  7. Oleker2

Shotguns restric your range too much... Prefer carabines to have a good mix. Play "defensive" don't chase targets and don't peek twice on the same corner. If the HA is looking to you, don't stay there! Cover first, get ready to shot when he peeks the corner.
    Aim for upper-chest / shoulder level and let the recoil kick you to the head.
    As personal preference I like the longer range / burst fire ones... The fast firing ones have too much side-to-side random recoil, its frustrating.
    For NC the GD-23 is amazing for it's range and versatility. AC-X11 hits like a mother effin' truck and can 3 head-shot on effective range.