Loading screen stops at 15%

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cinc, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Cinc

As the title says, the game just stops at 15%, first loading screen to boot up the game.

Also, the various orbs and stuff in the bottom right stopped moving as well, so this is obviously a crash and not the loading screen just choosing to stop at a certain number and me getting impatient. If i minimize it with start and then try and re-open, it then just gives me a black screen. However, it seemingly refuses to actully crash, and will respond when i right click on it's minimized button and tell it to close.

So... and ideas as to whats happening? And more importantly, any ideas to fix it? Im guessing ill have to un-install and then re-dowload the game, but wanted to check here first.
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

There are a few different issues which may be causing this problem for you, so you may need to try a few things to get into the game:

1. Please ensure that you have added an exception within your Firewall or Anti-Virus software for planetside2.exe, launchpad.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe, and ApplicationUpdaterService.exe.

The location of these files can vary, but by default they should look like this:

Win7/Vista/Win8

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\ Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Program Files\\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

The AppData and Application Data folders are hidden in Windows by default so you may need to enable "View Hidden Files/Folders" before you are able to find these files.

2. You may need to clear the cache settings for the launch pad by going to the launchpad.libs folder in your PlanetSide 2 directory and delete the launchpad.cache folder then try accessing the game once again.

3. The launcher may have been corrupted and will need to be repaired before it will work correctly. You can repair the launcher with the launcher set up file from the following link:

https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe
  3. Oanda

I get this issue too. I followed steps 1 to 3 but it still stops loading at 15%. Any other options?
  4. BenYeeHua

Uninstall your anti-virus, check the file by using Validate files feature on the LaunchPad.
  5. Cinc

I managed to fix it with 3, but im not really sure what i did. First i told it to repair, and nothing changed. I then installed an entire second PS2 version (in about 30 seconds) and it still broke, i then un-installed the first (again, in 30 seconds), and then repaired the first, this time with a massive dowload. After that, the game worked.

But i honestly have no idea what i did.
  6. BenYeeHua

It means when update, it patch the file, but fail.