[Suggestion] little change to vs guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Candarian, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Candarian

we all know nc have the high damage guns
    and tr the high rof guns
    vs have guns that are like a copy of the nc or tr guns
    i think it would be better if vs get a little lower dpm but no recoil/cof instead of no bullet drop(on very few guns)

than tr would have high damage because of the high rof
    nc high damage because of the alpha damage of the guns
    and vs high would have a higher hitrate but lower dpm
    • Up x 1
  2. NXR1

No recoil would be the most overpowered thing in the game....
    • Up x 5
  3. Rovertoo

Not unless their DPS was like, half, of the other faction's.
    • Up x 1
  4. Cransoon

In reality, there'd be no way to balance this trait. If you nerf the damage too much, then the VS have literally no chance against a half competent NC or TR at any range. But if you don't nerf it enough, good players would absolutely destroy everyone and everything. I really don't think there'd be a sweetspot where one (or both) of these things wouldn't be the case.
    • Up x 1
  5. DatVanuMan

Continue...
    I like the sound of my ADVANCED, ALIEN weapons being more accurate and controllable than they are right now. I support you!
  6. Ixidron

Maybe the aliens were stupid aliens, or maybe the vanu found a malfunctioning cache of alien weapons and though they were fully working.

Plot twist: what if Auraxis is the garbage dump of those aliens? a planet where they store defective weaponry, interesting premise for a future update.
    • Up x 1
  7. gigastar

No, you would still find people complaining about 0.75x ADS.
    • Up x 2
  8. DatVanuMan

Hmm...
    That would be nice. Sort of like TF2; maybe they'll introduce experimental weaponry that actually feel alien.
    Plot twist: What if Auraxis makes NC and TR weapons work? What if the atmospheric conditions allow the projectile-based fire arms to do as they should, which is travelling at normal arcs?
  9. DatVanuMan

And thus, a nub (Terran) met his match...
  10. Dracorean

I at times think they should mess around with the damage profiles of the 3 factions to better match their Time to kill timers with weapons that are related to one another, specifics such as hip fire accuracy, aimed accuracy, rof, damage should be tied to the weapons to cater certain play styles. Though this would bring up 'carbon copies' but its better than having to guess which faction is 'best'.

The VS trait is accuracy but its damage is suppose to diminish at longer ranges. I could tell ya, from getting shot at by VS that are using carbines at ranges between 50 or 100, this doesn't seem to be the case. When using them, sure I use allot of bullets but its pretty easy to drop someone at those ranges with a VS weapon given that they don't rattle as much.
  11. Ixidron

They removed their damage falloff penalty a very long time ago.
  12. Dracorean

Wouldn't it be viable to just give it back to them? I mean the TR and NC have their own issues with 'long range' combat.
    • Up x 1
  13. Rovertoo

Really?! Good gosh! And all this time I just thought I was in their ranges!
  14. gary the sewer hobo

But they're not alienn weapons, they're weapons the VS produced after reverse engineering alien artifacts.
  15. Xasapis

You really don't want that. While VS guns before the range normalisation had less damage over 75m, they had more damage (basically a free soft point ammo) in distances shorter than 30m.
  16. Dracorean

That doesn't really make sense, given the faction is suppose to have average damage, at closer ranges it "shouldn't" matter given that the damage would just dissipate at ranges with its 'normalized' damage would be at closer ranges.. Won't it? Why make the damage higher at closer ranges? Only shotguns should have such a trait.
  17. Frosty The Pyro

VS had less damage lost per meter, but lost damage for much longer. the starting damages were the same though.

esentialy VS lost 2 damage steps over twice the range, were others lost one damage step. (carbines for others lost 2 and VS lost 3, which actually made the advantage more pronounces with VS carbines).

however one damage step is not equal to the next, so as a hypothetical with easy to visualize numbers, TR/NC might lose 20 damage per shot over 50m and then flatten out, and VS would lose 30 over 100m, so for that example at NC/TR has lost 10 damage at 25m but VS has only lost 7.5. On the other hand there VS will eventually lose more damage.
  18. Xasapis

It's the way the damage degradation over distance works. Here is an old chart I found explaining how the situation used to be:

[IMG]

Basically, for distances over 70m, VS weapons were at a considerable disadvantage. However, anything lower than 70m, and they had more damage than the equivalent damage tier weapons of NC/TR.
  19. Dracorean

Well from that chart, the response was to remove it, but I don't get why they just didn't keep the damages similar and just make the VS weapons damage continue to diminish by just a small margin until hitting its 'lowest'. I mean even if the damage was low like that, it would still be accurate to get a head shot at 100+ meters away, which at the moment to my surprise I actually 'do' get shot in the head by their weapons from such a range.