[Suggestion] Listen to balance, not whines SOE! Rethink this ZoE nerf.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Asan, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Asan

Are the other Max special abilities going to be on/off 8 second timers?

If you must change the ZOE, you need to take off the 30% damage increase.

-You have nerfed our speed
    -Now you are nerfing our damage
    -Now you are nerfing our armor

I think that is about 2 nerfs too much. You wonder why no one played Vanu max pre-ZOE? Because they sucked! And now, no one will play them again.. only problem is, you have wasted 2200 certs that I have earned, and will give me no ******* cert refund.

If you cannot properly test new features, if you insist on listening to whiners, and insist on triple nerfing things INTO THE GROUND that are more or less fine, you should at LEAST give us cert refunds. This is the only modern day MMO where you cannot respec your characters.. And frankly, I am about sick of playing a game that sells me a shotgun and turns it into a sniper rifle 2 months later and expects me to be ok with it.

I am all for a ZOE change, but I think it has gone too far. Keep the 8 second timer but for god sakes take away the 30% damage increase. And more importantly, think harder about what you change as opposed to listening to the people getting pwnt.
  2. Scientiarum

yeah that is 3 nerfs in one blow. Way too much. I understand that it is still a bit OP but this will make it utterly useless. I'll take either the damage nerf or the timer, but not both. And no more to the armor, it is a max, not a paper mache sculpture.
    • Up x 1
  3. Souleater

The ZOE is an odd duck compared to the other two.

NC Give up all shooting for increased endurance (putting aside how effective the shield is for the moment.)

TR give up all movement for increased shooting.

So far these stick pretty much with the traditional Empire Strengths.

VS...well...we don't give up anything totally. I think that's possibly one of the main balance issues. We take a minor hit in endurance but get two buffs (albeit one minor one) in return.

For the sake of balance I think it should have been a case of giving up something. They would probably have been given increased mobility but what would they give up in return? Looking at TR I'd say turn it on it's head and have ZOE prevent shooting but retain the initial speed boosts. Given that ZOE can be switched on or off at will I think that would be just as balanced as the other two.

It would be useful for repositioning and evading.

But I really think that changes should be allowed to stay live for at least a month before being reassessed. We have too many reactionary forumites who don't want to try out new tactics against new tools.
  4. Hosp

Said it b4 and I'll say it again. At best, the devs only consider what's being said on forums. The real balance decisions are due to data they acquire in game. A fairly quick and not so subtle response to ZOE can only mean the data said it was OP to all hell.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ztiller

The thing is also that while we don't give up everything, we also don't recieve as major buffs as the two other factions.

The TR recieved unmatched firepower when Locked down. The NC recieves an completely, or at least it should be, impenetrable shield.

The ZOE grants a small damage buff, and a Movement buff that a good aim can negate. Now, i'm not sayign the ZOE isn't awesome. These things combined are extremely powerful. However the TR firepower when locked down is leagues higher than anythign the ZOe can hope to match.

It's like the Prowler Lockdown compared to the Magburner. A locked down prowler pays a high price, but have a hgue reward. The Magburner is small risk, but we only get a 1-second boost in one specific direction.

The TR recieves a much larger buff, at a much higher price. The NC shield is pretty weak right now, and could definetly use a buff.
  6. Singed

Mostly to reply to your argument target at lcokdown:
    Tests by Belthazor3457 shows that lockdown gives a 25-35% buff to RoF. Link to Source. In return the TR max gives up 180 degree of rotation and all movement.

Do you know what a stationary target is? Free headshots. Headshots dramatically lower the TTK of any infantry target, and it is much easier to land headshots on a max that is completely stationary than a max that is strafing faster than normal infantry. So basically a VS max can half the TTK of a lockdowned max by aiming for the head (again stationary target) or by strafing past the 180 degree window that the max can rotate and blasting his backside while he can't return fire. Either way the odds are stacked against you.
  7. Jaedrik

Yes, please, SOE, don't listen to the VS whining, think about the balance, don't half-heartedly put a crummy nerf on it that will do nothing, instead, put that eight second timer on too.
    • Up x 2
  8. Anantidaephobia

At least with ZOE we had some fun for a time. A pretty weak but fast MAX that finally looked like genuine VS equipment. But as it was fun (and viable, for a change), people began to use them. So the VS MAX stats suddenly showed an incredible increase in numbers !!! And those numbers could only mean this : ZOE is OPo_O

Actually those numbers do show one very simple thing : VS MAX class is at last fun to use, period.

NC MAXs spam missiles like there's no tomorrow, but, hey !! Take care !! VS MAXs are way overpowered !!! :rolleyes:
    THEY ARE NOT OP ! NOW THEY JUST CAN COMPETE !!!
    • Up x 1
  9. soeguud

Please quote me the odds on the survivability of a VS MAX that warps with every change in direction, is virtually unhittable without a $3000 rig, whilst remembering NC spamming missiles does not guarantee hits?
  10. simmi1717

There is no timer on the ability just so you know. Higby confirmed this.
  11. DiegoPesentePOA

Sorry, maybe u may check ur latency and spend these $3000 whit a better internet provider...
    Point: Tr's got the chaingun and a "non sttoping" missile launcher, NC's got the op shootgun (click whit m1 and m2 to a kill) plus guidded missiles, as VS, we got... lemme see, the comet who is an "AV weapon" and the only one I use besides buster becus all another vs max weapons are bull**** against infantary, try get a VS MAX on REAL COMBAT on zoe whit any AI weapon and try ur luck whit any above batttle rank 20 to see if isint frustating to die to a ENGINER starter carabine...
  12. soeguud

I really can't help but stare at your k/d and your sph... as skill indicators they don't do very much but in this case I'll make an exception. Clearly you haven't played any of the other factions, and clearly you're not one of the VS players I run up against on Briggs.
  13. DiegoPesentePOA

Indeed, my k/d whould be above 1.0 and ur 1.7 by now ;)
  14. Railon

Last night I thought a bunch of Vanu script kiddies were running around the hills in almost indestructible Max suits. Then I find out it's now normal for a VS max to slaughter a squad with no back up what so ever. Yeh I can see how it would be fun to play! I am totally disgusted how OP that thing is, Luckily Vanu suck *** or the game would be unplayable.
  15. SmokeMcCloud

Somewhat like it was normal for dual mercy maxes and dual scatter maxes to completely dominate as well.
  16. Xasapis

The 8 seconds are confirmed not to make it on live, for now.

Still, they can pull a magrider surprise and do it anyway ;)
  17. Kociboss

Is it a new catchphrase for uncalled nerfs? :eek:
  18. Bill Hicks

The zoe makes infantry combat impossible with the VS. One ZOE max can rush in and kill everyone. When you see a zoe max at medium range you have to run because he can just soak up the damage and kill you.

This nerf is not even enough. Going to need more nerfs.
  19. Xasapis

Looks like the VS max has a similar effect to what NC maxes are having since the game was launched. Concentrated fire makes killing zoe maxes even easier than the other maxes. On the other hand, running in single file towards that max will definitely contribute to high kill streaks.

You know, your balance claims would have more of a merit if you weren't making a "nerf random thing" thread every couple of days.
  20. VanuSmile

striker best anti-air/land (killed air strike against TR.. but this was not a pb for dev team lol..)
    Scat/fracture best Max
    Mosqui best esf
    Prowler best mbt

1 best thing for Vanu after months of playing was too much for those narrow minded devs..

TR IS A MASSIVE NOOB FACTION!!! best scoring and zerg but worst k/d ratio cause full of noob, even with the best weapon!
    the stats annalysis from SOE team is so stupid and unfair.

Vs MAX coming back to the bin he was, many many many thx from TR mainly